Litchi Orbit Question

Reaction score
Setting up a Litchi Orbit mission and I suspect that I will lose connection with the drone during the Orbit. If I set the Gimbal to manual in the mission settings and set the camera to the position I want before I lose connection, will the angle of the camera stay in the same place when disconnection occurs and for the duration that I'm disconnected? FWIW, I'm using a DJI P3S.

Since the manual specifically states that in 'Manual' mode, the gimbal is controlled from the RC, I would suspect that the answer is "unknown", similar to when connection is lost during a WP mission. I suspect that the gimbal would just go dumb and not move until the connection is re-established.

Reactions: Pharm
Setting up a Litchi Orbit mission and I suspect that I will lose connection with the drone during the Orbit. If I set the Gimbal to manual in the mission settings and set the camera to the position I want before I lose connection, will the angle of the camera stay in the same place when disconnection occurs and for the duration that I'm disconnected? FWIW, I'm using a DJI P3S.
Yes

Just fyi, if you are running orbit missions with no controller connection then note that RTH is not functional. From the Litchi docs: "If signal is lost between the aircraft and the remote controller, the aircraft will continue the Orbit session until it reaches the critical battery level. It will then land in place automatically, even if your failsafe is Return to Home." If this is a concern you could manually program some orbits within a waypoint mission and thus retain low-battery RTH functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pharm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl