Litchi Orbit Crash

Reaction score
Well it was a blur, but my P3 crashed through the neighbor's tree and then smashed on the sidewalk. From what I remembered: Started Litchi Orbit, hit home to cancel and rather than going home it decided to land right on top of the tree. In my panic of jiggling the controller with no change I forgot to change from "A" to "P" mode.
When hitting home shouldn't it go HOME and not just land? I knew if it lost contact it would run until dead and land, but I'm curious about the actual button on the screen.

How close to the home point was your Phantom?
The aircraft will descend and land if it is within 20 meters of the home point.

What he said. If the phantom is within 20 meters (65 feet) of the home point it will descend and land right where it is at that moment. It doesn't care what's in the way.

I guess that's it. Taking video of house and Waypoints worked fine. I was about 25 feet out, 100 feet up, so I guess switching to "P" would have helped? I still don't get why it just lands vs. going to the actual home point as it would have made the difference. What a mess that I couldn't even stop it, but I guess it's my bad.
Where do I find the above 20 meters notation? I'm reading the help guides on Litchi's site:

Orbit Settings

Go Home: Tap to initiate Return to Home at any time (Nothing about with 20 meters and you're there).

Last edited:
Page 14 of the Phantom 3 professional user manual:

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-6_8-36-6.png
    upload_2016-7-6_8-36-6.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 378
Rth is the fail safe.
Pushing rth with battery power will bring your AC home to land. If you push or initiate within 20m of the recorded home point the AC will land on the spot it's hovering when you initiate rth. You can also guide it down. You can also cancel the landing. Please take the time to read the manuals.

Fly safe and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Great_Lakes
So new gimbal arrives today. Will be dumbing it down from Professional to Advanced. Saved $90 on a gimbal that processed video I can't use or edit. I'm not sure if the old one can be replaced. The rotating arm holding the camera broke along with the ribbon. Anyone recommended for estimates of repair? I figured it would be $50 each part, so just got another one. If not too $$ it might be worth repairing as a back up.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj