Litchi or DJi Go

Would like to have advise on whether Litchi or DJI GO app better???

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It depends on what your looking to do. In my opinion I use the DJI app for just regular flying. I use litchi app when I want to run a pre programmed "mission". I don't think one is necessarily better then the other. Just different uses.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Litchi has a unique set of features and you can't go wrong if you buy it (it's not too expensive anyway). Besides you don't need an ultra powerful device to run it without issues, it still has the 32 channels to chose from and it logs in csv format which you can use with other software without needing to convert it. Of course if you want to live stream or record live video in your device you'll need the dji go app (and to change some settings that litchi can't).

DJI Go to do calibrations and settings.
Everything else - Litchi

Reactions: StevenQX
How about the reliability for the app, does it stable compare with DJI go app??? If it does , will be worth paying for that.

Personally haven't got any problems with litchi yet (except for a badly planned mission that ended in a crash but that was all my fault). I guess it must be less prone to fail because it's not as demanding as the dji go app. I also remember I've read that it was made by the same people who made the dji go app at the beginning so they must know what they are doing.

How about the reliability for the app, does it stable compare with DJI go app??? If it does , will be worth paying for that.

The only problem with litchi and using it for waypoints is that it does EXACTLY What you tell it to do. From what I've seen most times there is an issue its user error. Double check and then triple check your mission before starting it!!!
In my opinion it's worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The waypoint option/poi/and follow me can be found on the controller "f" option and dji go works legit with it. I haven't used litchi yet, but it seems like the only two things that draw my attention are the fpv option and the 360 pano. How are those options with the litchi?

The waypoint option/poi/and follow me can be found on the controller "f" option and dji go works legit with it. I haven't used litchi yet, but it seems like the only two things that draw my attention are the fpv option and the 360 pano. How are those options with the litchi?

Orbit is orbit.
Follow me is much better on Litchi - it has course and heading mode (can use leash).
Focus mode is awesome. Its where the camera can track a subject (can use leash).
Leash is also powerful - this is where you use a secondary GPS smart device and spoof the GPS for follow me and Track modes.
Pano is awesome. You can create awesome 360x150 degree spherical images for VR (stitching software is requires - autopana giga is what I use).
Tracking mode is the latest feature added. It's like the P4 version and Vertical Studios. But you need a powerful smart phone/device for this to work. I used a NOTE 4 and it was very buggy at the time.
FPV in VR great. It has head tracking so where you turn will change the direction of the Phantom and looking up and down will change the camera tilt.
The only thing I haven't used it what everyone else talks about - mission planning. You can plan and fly with out having to pre-fly like the DJI GO app. You can also log into Litchi.com and plan your mission on the PC. This is feature is great if you wanting to repeat your mission frequently.

For what Litchi has to offer, I think its well worth its money.

And of course, the ability in litchi to pre plan your missions is great. No need to fly over an object to set a poi or to manually fly a mission to set waypoints. I use both (Go for general flying and setting parameters, litchi for missions). Have had no problems with either.

Reactions: cfd701
DJI GO for IMU/gimbal calibrations and some obscure settings, free flying, and checking over-exposure zebra stripes before using Litchi.

Litchi for carefully planned and triple-checked missions.

As being very new to litchi do I run the dji go software first then start litchi or just use litchi as stand alone

As being very new to litchi do I run the dji go software first then start litchi or just use litchi as stand alone
Be sure you only run one at a time, and that the other is completely turned off (closed). You do not need to run GO first. I've logged many flights without ever turning on GO.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj