Litchi on P4proV2+ DJI monitor display- it works - GL300K remote

Reaction score
Website
jpblcm.com
Hello,
There are many posts here about Litchi and Phantom (mine included) and problems.
I own a P4ProV2+ with the GL300K remote, the one with the dji display.
How do I make Litchi works on this officially "unsupported" remote ?

I can do it with only the remote powered on.

- unplug the USB wire only on the USB B plug (not the microUSB one on the other side of the wire, it must be plugged for me)
- system settings : quit all DJI app, also the cached ones - beware you may do this more than one time
- verify running apps too, no DJI app must run (force stop only those with the blue DJI icon and heavier than 1Mo)
- launch Litchi, it must show the red and alarming "disconnected"
- plug the usb wire
- you will not see it, but corner up-left of the screen, wipe down to see the usb storage icon
- use the icon to eject all usb storage present
- go to system and force litchi to stop
- verify DJI app which launches alone and again force quit
- launch Litchi again, may be 2 times
- if the drone is off-line you will see signal lost, showing all communicate again
- power the drone, and all should be ok

I dig really many hours to figure out what went wrong and the solution found... I contact Litchi support who allows me to publish my "trick".

edit : of course you can do this with the drone powered-up, but it will take some time and it wastes cells power for nothing.

Hope this helps !

Last edited:
Reactions: crash1sttime
I tried your fix but it did not work. I have a gl300k (built-in screen) and whenever I plug in a USB cable nothing happens. The remote controller just shows the USB connections on the top left status bar. Additionally, when I plug in the USB cable I don't get the USB prompting me to specify an app to use. I see this when I watch other peoples videos with the same remote control. I wonder why mine isn't taking it.

Hello, are you sure to "force quit" DJI Go app again ? and "eject" all virtual SD that mount when you plug the wire ? the wire must be plugged twice, in and out. My guess is that plugging action tells the system there is an usb device plugged and so "capture" the usb port instead of let it talk to the app. There is NO usb prompting, this is why it takes me so long time to figure out what was happening. I did more than 30 360° with my humble trick, last system version of all.

Hello, just to complete this post.

Video feedback :
After many 360° with Litchi, I have sometimes video feedback strobes and pauses when using DJIGo after a Litchi session. Be sure to "force quit" Litchi when using DJIGO app. It solves the problem for me.

Shooting settings :
Settings are passed between the 2 apps, and as I always shoot in DLOG, the best way is always to go to DJI GO app to set all the parameters as needed for the next mission. So for photo shooting, I must use DJIGO to set the parameters Litchi will use before switching to Litchi. For my configuration, this is the safest method to avoid conflict-settings between those 2 apps.

Hello All,

I just recently been trying to get Litchi on my GL300E DJI Smart Controller with no luch in finding it in the Amazon App store after I installed it. Is there a work around?
IMG_20220131_112708.jpg

Last edited:
Hello All,

I just recently been trying to get Litchi on my GL300E DJI Smart Controller with no luch in finding it in the Amazon App store after I installed it. Is there a work around?
View attachment 123484
Tap on "my apps" and see if it already lists Litchi there, If it does simply click on it and it will install the latest version.

Tap on "my apps" and see if it already lists Litchi there, If it does simply click on it and it will install the latest version.
I wish it was that easy, but it was not, I went ahead and purchased another controller and a separate tablet. I just was not having any luck!

• Sad
Reactions: Aairon
I wish it was that easy, but it was not, I went ahead and purchased another controller and a separate tablet. I just was not having any luck!
Sorry you couldn't figure it out I have the 300E and have a lot of third party apps on it, I have dronelink, Litchi, Airdata, Pretty much any android app I want I can load to the 300E.

Reactions: Bo Jangalz
Sorry you couldn't figure it out I have the 300E and have a lot of third party apps on it, I have dronelink, Litchi, Airdata, Pretty much any android app I want I can load to the 300E.
I have installed many apps as well but for some reason I am not able to install Litchi but have been successful for other apps. Now that I have a new controller setup, I will take the original controller back to factory default and start over again because I am going to use that one as my backup.

I have installed many apps as well but for some reason I am not able to install Litchi but have been successful for other apps. Now that I have a new controller setup, I will take the original controller back to factory default and start over again because I am going to use that one as my backup.
Litchi was the easiest app to install of all of them because all I had to do was go to amazon store. once I did that, even if I wipe the controller completely erasing all signs of litchi. if I go back to amazon and search I can't find litchi anymore.. BUT if I tap purchased apps in the amazon app it will still ask if I want to reinstall Litchi.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20