• Yes

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes but with issues

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Im experiencing some funny issues with litchi, I just got the app after considering if I should spend £20 on it or not and the tracking and focus modes sold it for me BUUUUUUT big issues now...

Using:
LG G4
Phantom 3 Pro V1.8
RC V1.6

When i first downloaded the app I charged my batteries and went to the field, wanted to open DJI GO first to check everything was OK and DJI GO app would crash getting an error saying "Unfortunately system UI is not working anymore" so I opened litchi to see if I get anything and would not connect either.... re-opened DJI GO and it would not detect my aircraft.

I restarted both apps a bunch of times but no luck

I deleted Litchi and DJI GO app worked just fine...
I deleted DJI GO app and Litchi works fine...

I installed an old APK of DJI GO app v5.xx Still no luck and noooow I when i open DJI GO app, newest version from play store, when i go to about, I get N/A for aircraft and RC. I wanted to downgraded the RC and check if there is something in the RC firmware stopping them working when both installed but now I cant... HELP!

I dont ant to get a refund as I really want to use Litchi but I just cant, is anybody having this issue?

You must make sure you completely close down one app, before loading the other one. The usb can sometimes get corrupted. Also, on occasion you might have to reconnect the quad and rc.

Im experiencing some funny issues with litchi, I just got the app after considering if I should spend £20 on it or not and the tracking and focus modes sold it for me BUUUUUUT big issues now...

Using:
LG G4
Phantom 3 Pro V1.8
RC V1.6

When i first downloaded the app I charged my batteries and went to the field, wanted to open DJI GO first to check everything was OK and DJI GO app would crash getting an error saying "Unfortunately system UI is not working anymore" so I opened litchi to see if I get anything and would not connect either.... re-opened DJI GO and it would not detect my aircraft.

I restarted both apps a bunch of times but no luck

I deleted Litchi and DJI GO app worked just fine...

I installed an old APK of DJI GO app v5.xx Still no luck and noooow I when i open DJI GO app, newest version from play store, when i go to about, I get N/A for aircraft and RC. I wanted to downgraded the RC and check if there is something in the RC firmware stopping them working when both installed but now I cant... HELP!

I dont ant to get a refund as I really want to use Litchi but I just cant, is anybody having this issue?
Litchi is a tried and trusted, very efficient application and it is unfair to them to shout in your subject line that "Litchi not working!!". Without fail there is always some other reason such as your OS or device causing the problems, and you're already talking refund????

:confused::confused:

Last edited:
Litchi is a tried and trusted, very efficient application and it is unfair to them to shout in your subject line that "Litchi not working!!". Without fail there is always some other reason such as your OS or device causing the problems, and you're already talking refund????

:confused::confused:

What do you mean its not fair? what should the title be then cos it clearly is not working for me. I have to choose to have either litchi or dji go app installed and that's not a compromise im comfortable with especially as i am unfamiliar with Litchi atm.

Dont be such a stuck up fanboy, i am clearly saying that i WANT to keep it as the features look great but i purchased the app and have yet to use it. im not just going to throw away £20 for no reason so if it does not work properly for me on my LG device then yes I will get a refund as im not looking to buy a brand new phone just for the app...

This is supposed to be a forum to discuss ideas and issues and try to find a resolution, im not looking to slander anybody I was and am really exited to use this app. I have even spoken to the dev and he said it may be an issue with LG as he has had similar reports so I will try try it on an alternate device later and if that does not work I will try the IOS app if i really have to but then I will definitely need a refund so I can purchase that app. I just dont have the time just yet to meet a friend with another android because the guy Im working with has his flight exam on Tuesday so we are busy practicing for that atm

What is your phone? I had that with lg g4.
Can't work together but if i uninstall one of them the other works OK.

... Now i see lg g4.... Not working my friend not compatible with both in the same time. I sold my lg g4 a week ago.
I also have problem with no video with Samsung note 2
I will try Samsung note 4 soon

T@p@t@lk
Sorry for bad English... :)

What is your phone? I had that with lg g4.
Can't work together but if i uninstall one of them the other works OK.

T@p@t@lk

Yeah I have the LG G4 also and thats the exact issue I am facing man :(, the G4 is a powerful phone so i dont know why it does not work but I will have to try it on another android device now to test, if that dont work I will install it on IOS (ipad) but the ipad is not mine so I really want it to work on my LG.

I have taken the issue up with the dev anyway and he replied back so maybe he might find a solution, I'll even send him my phone so he can fix the issue :p jk jk

I sold lg g4, not for that reason.
Be careful a lot of lg g4 have bootloop problems
That is the reason i sold it

T@p@t@lk

What do you mean its not fair? what should the title be then cos it clearly is not working for me.
Seems that a much more appropriate thread title would have been "Litchi not working for me on LG G4"... ;):rolleyes:

The Litchi team always makes best efforts (continually) to be as compatible as they can but sometimes they can't compensate for manufacturer hardware/firmware nuances...

... and yes, I'm a fan of Litchi... and fans do get agitated when someone shouts "Litchi sucks" (paraphrasing) instead of considering that something else is causing the misbehavior... (i.e. device, OS version, etc.).... :eek:

Seems that a much more appropriate thread title would have been "Litchi not working for me on LG G4"... ;):rolleyes:

The Litchi team always makes best efforts (continually) to be as compatible as they can but sometimes they can't compensate for manufacturer hardware/firmware nuances...

... and yes, I'm a fan of Litchi... and fans do get agitated when someone shouts "Litchi sucks" (paraphrasing) instead of considering that something else is causing the misbehavior... (i.e. device, OS version, etc.).... :eek:

Look i get it Litchi is your gf, my phone works perfectly, I paid £20 for an app, it did not have a notice on the google play store saying does not work/issues with LG phones or LG G4, thats their responsibility, testing etc. It does not make sense to buy a phone for an app, you purchase an app for your phone, its not like there is an alternative for the LG G4 is there. I just was really looking forward to using it but I cant.

Earlier today I downloaded it and deleted DJI GO app, installed Litchi... but it could not connect to dji servers to verify account as it has to do that every time I download it. Tried it on my mates Note 3, it worked having both apps installed (DJI GO and Litchi), I could use either one, whilst closing the other. Dji GO app did fail to find my aircraft at one point as well though but he may have had Litchi open im not sure. Never the less it still could not connect to DJI servers on his phone and I was out on the field so no WiFi about...

So thats 2 days trying it outdoors ready to fly and 2 fails for me.

I get it that the dev is maybe a one man band or a small team who are doing a fantastic job based on what I have seen online, tracking for P3P and the focus mode is absolute genius but its good to bring these things up as it keeps him/her/them on their feet and produces a better quality product for all. Im basically doing testing and reporting it

£20 pounds is well worth it but I just really really want to use it, its frustrating and I dont want to buy it for IOS aswell and I dont want to refund it either because im keeping my hopes up. I really cant justify changing my phone when I cant be sure I will use the app that much.

Look i get it Litchi is your gf
...and I'm supposed to want to help you in some fashion when you make disparaging comments like that?... no thanks and good luck.

£20 pounds is well worth it but I just really really want to use it, its frustrating and I dont want to buy it for IOS aswell and I dont want to refund it either because im keeping my hopes up. I really cant justify changing my phone when I cant be sure I will use the app that much.

Look, we all know you are new here. Starting with the thread title maybe not the best choice. Then to insult people willing to help maybe wasn't the best choice either. I mean, come on, "fanboy" and "gf". Really. I sense your aggravations, but we aren't the ones who are causing the issues, nor are we Litchi so it may be in your own best interest to ease off the name calling and taking your frustrations out on folks here.

I can't really speak to your specific combination. However, from outward appearances its more likely its your device than Litchi. There are threads after threads describing issues with the LG G4 phone. I am not saying that IS your issue, but it has to be suspect nonetheless. Examples...
13 major LG G4 problems and ways to fix them
LG G4 Bootloop Problem: LG Admits Faulty Hardware, Promises To Fix Affected Devices
6 problems with the LG G4 and how to fix them

I also can't say if Litchi operates with the specific RC/P3 firmware versions you list. I can say it DOES work with 1.1.9 and the FW listed in my sig. My personal experience.

I can't say Litchi doesn't work with your device but I can say it DOES work with a Galaxy S5 and it DOES work with an nVidia Shield K1 tablet. My personal experience.

I had issues with GO on my S5. It would lock up and crash all the time. Litchi does not. Has never crashed or locked up. The only time Litchi gives me problems is when GO freezes or closes but still has the USB port locked. Closing the latent GO using taskmanager does the trick for me. GO and Litchi live both on my S5 and my Shield. They co-exist just fine there as they should on other devices.

And, yes, I like Litchi way more than GO. And if I could totally do away with GO I would in a heartbeat. But GO has some functions that MUST be used (IMU cal for example) because the API doesn't (apparently) expose those functions for 3rd party apps to leverage. So, while I use Litchi for 100% of my flights, GO still remains for some lesser used functions no 3rd party app has or can do.

Reactions: Pixeltin

Dude you did not once offer any help or advice apart from you bold statement "Without fail there is always some other reason such as your OS or device causing the problems"

Im not here to pick an argument I just really want to use this app and you know what I did manage to use it very briefly the other day and its awesome!. Although it acts a bit funny when moving it in focus mode with auto rotate on but i wont comment untill i test it fully.

Look, we all know you are new here. Starting with the thread title maybe not the best choice. Then to insult people willing to help maybe wasn't the best choice either. I mean, come on, "fanboy" and "gf". Really. I sense your aggravations, but we aren't the ones who are causing the issues, nor are we Litchi so it may be in your own best interest to ease off the name calling and taking your frustrations out on folks here.

I can't really speak to your specific combination. However, from outward appearances its more likely its your device than Litchi. There are threads after threads describing issues with the LG G4 phone. I am not saying that IS your issue, but it has to be suspect nonetheless. Examples...
13 major LG G4 problems and ways to fix them
LG G4 Bootloop Problem: LG Admits Faulty Hardware, Promises To Fix Affected Devices
6 problems with the LG G4 and how to fix them

I also can't say if Litchi operates with the specific RC/P3 firmware versions you list. I can say it DOES work with 1.1.9 and the FW listed in my sig. My personal experience.

I can't say Litchi doesn't work with your device but I can say it DOES work with a Galaxy S5 and it DOES work with an nVidia Shield K1 tablet. My personal experience.

I had issues with GO on my S5. It would lock up and crash all the time. Litchi does not. Has never crashed or locked up. The only time Litchi gives me problems is when GO freezes or closes but still has the USB port locked. Closing the latent GO using taskmanager does the trick for me. GO and Litchi live both on my S5 and my Shield. They co-exist just fine there as they should on other devices.

And, yes, I like Litchi way more than GO. And if I could totally do away with GO I would in a heartbeat. But GO has some functions that MUST be used (IMU cal for example) because the API doesn't (apparently) expose those functions for 3rd party apps to leverage. So, while I use Litchi for 100% of my flights, GO still remains for some lesser used functions no 3rd party app has or can do.
Thanks for the links, really appreciate it and yeah I guess the title is harsh so I will attempt to change it if i can saying does not work on LG G4 now that I have kinda figured out that its not working on LG G4, BUT that was slightly intentional because had you seen the latter tittle and not owned a G4, most people probably would not have opened the thread tbh

Dude you did not once offer any help or advice apart from you bold statement "Without fail there is always some other reason such as your OS or device causing the problems"
You must be confusing me with someone else... I never made any such bold statement. What I wrote is what you quoted... and it doesn't have that statement...

Im not here to pick an argument
right.... except to respond to my note with the "Litchi is my gf" comment...

In spite of that I'll offer a final salvo of info/perspective/thoughts for you to ignore or consider since I really don't care what you do at this point:
So, Litchi does work just fine according to your statement as long as DJI GO is not also installed. Therefore, on it's own Litchi is not the problem and has compatibility with the LG G4 sufficient to install, run and function... agreed?

Does Litchi stop working if you install BUT DO NOT USE the DJI GO application?
Does Litchi only stop working AFTER you have run the DJI GO application the first time?

If so, you may want to check and ensure that the primary and background DJI GO related applications are NOT RUNNING when trying Litchi because for that device/OS there may be a conflict created by DJI GO background app from what I've read elsewhere... I use the Android Zapper Task Killer to check and ensure on my Samsung tablet that all DJI GO related apps are killed before using Litchi just as a precaution...

You must be confusing me with someone else... I never made any such bold statement. What I wrote is what you quoted... and it doesn't have that statement...

right.... except to respond to my note with the "Litchi is my gf" comment...

In spite of that I'll offer a final salvo of info/perspective/thoughts for you to ignore or consider since I really don't care what you do at this point:
So, Litchi does work just fine according to your statement as long as DJI GO is not also installed. Therefore, on it's own Litchi is not the problem and has compatibility with the LG G4 sufficient to install, run and function... agreed?

Does Litchi stop working if you install BUT DO NOT USE the DJI GO application?
Does Litchi only stop working AFTER you have run the DJI GO application the first time?

If so, you may want to check and ensure that the primary and background DJI GO related applications are NOT RUNNING when trying Litchi because for that device/OS there may be a conflict created by DJI GO background app from what I've read elsewhere... I use the Android Zapper Task Killer to check and ensure on my Samsung tablet that all DJI GO related apps are killed before using Litchi just as a precaution...
Sorry I completely though you where "FantomFlier" replying again hence the "i get it litchi is your gf" otherwise I would have not been so harsh but at that point I had been looking around for ages for an answer to my fix and was a bit agitated.

Somebody else did comment on another thread to "force stop" DJI GO, im so tempted to leave my house and try that now lol. If I do I will report

thanks and sorry again!

My friend has this exact same issue as the original poster. Has a G4 and a P3P. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Goto litchi's Facebook page and post your question/issue there. Their dev guys are always on there helping out.
Have answered questions for me quite a few times.
If you do go that route, let us know here what the outcome is.
Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is not litchi problem. It is lg g4 problem. Dji go ap not working also if both applications are installed.
Litchi working well if it is the only app in the G4. The same applies for dji go app.

T@p@t@lk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31