Litchi Not responding to aircraft...

Reaction score
I finally have some time today to play with Litchi a bit. I have it partially setup, it's connected to the camera on the P4P. I'm unable to lock the Go Home Altitude to 120 ft. It keeps reverting to 98 ft which is too low for the area I'm trying to fly in. Lots of trees...

Also, none of my other settings are sticking like the signal loss behavior for manual flying keeps reverting to Hover. I keep putting it on Return to Home. Misc camera settings keep going back to defaults as well...

I'm using a Nexus 7 (2013) tablet which I've been told that they are pretty good to use with these P4P's. I have limited connection to my internet at the house when I'm outside trying to fly. I can't tell if it's connecting to the P4P or not. It appears not. DJI Go 4 works fine. I updated the firmware and flew around with it a bit with the DJI Go App. Then I tried Litchi. I couldn't get the camera to connect or anything. Then I remembered reading that DJI Go had to be completely closed out. So I went into my Settings/Apps and Forced Closed the DJI Go App and then the camera was working in Litchi.

Now, as I said, I can't get it to lock in the settings I want or take off/Connect with the P4P.

Did I screw up the communication with Litchi when I did the firmware updates?

I have limited connection to my internet at the house when I'm outside trying to fly.
First thing. You don't need internet to fly. Turn the Wi-Fi off on the tablet. Also, did you test with go for altitude and distance restrictions? You will have those if you haven't done the app login. Does GO retain the settings?

First thing. You don't need internet to fly. Turn the Wi-Fi off on the tablet. Also, did you test with go for altitude and distance restrictions? You will have those if you haven't done the app login. Does GO retain the settings?

I know they were working but it looks like the firmware update reset everything. I had the Return Home altitude set to 30m on the DJI Go App. I didn't have a distance limit set though. Don't remember seeing it before I updated it. Is this a new feature?

Its related to the new Go App. At least that what I am guessing. It requires a one time log in. What they are doing is updating the NFZ's. If you do not log in once while connected to the internet, it will impose altitude and distance restrictions. Just take the device you are using and while connected to the internet, start the Go App. You should get a login splash screen. Log in, then you can log out and you can fly normally. That might be the issue. There are so many threads on that its insane! And you do not need to be logged in or internet connected to fly.

OK. I'll try that tomorrow or maybe later tonight. I've put it all away for the evening. Although I am looking at the apps now, I doubt I can do anything without the tablet being physically connected to the P4P.

Last edited:
My experience, at least with a P4 is that once you have logged in after the previous app update (the one everyone was screaming about), stay logged in and you will be fine (otherwise it will revert to the restricted settings). The settings for Litchi WRT height, max distance, RTH are mirrored from the GO app so you may need to check them whilst powered up to review, change and save them. If you close the GO app and open Litchi, you should be seeing the same numbers as those in the GO app. I'm using iOS but the process should be the same regardless of which device you are using.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj