Litchi not adjusting camera gimbal

Reaction score
I setup a mission in litchi to circle a house. The house is set as a POI and an altitude of 3. The waypoints around it are all set at an altitude of 380. The point of interest is set to the POI for the house and the Gimbal Pitch Mode is set to Focus POI.

For each of the waypoints, it has angles computed of around -59 to -62 degrees for the gimbal pitch, which sound right.

However, when it flies, it never adjusts the gimbal at all. Other than that it flies the route fine. Am I missing something obvious?

Under each Waypoint, do you have the Gimbal Pitch set to either POI or Interpolate? I'm guessing you've got it set to Disabled. (Interpolate is smoother)

S

Will do. Just added a 5 second pause at each waypoint and it ignored that too. Hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The pause only works when the entire mission is not set to Custom, if I recall. (Curves turned off.)

S

Well interpolate worked - and like you said - smoother. I'll play with pause later - only have one banter so don't have time to hang out pausing :). Thanks !!!

Well, at home POI did not work, but interpolate did. But for my longer mission I believe I found the cause in this pertinent sentence:
Litchi can control the gimbal pitch automatically during the mission, as long as the aircraft is within range of the remote controller.

Bummer. Was trying to get it to go out of range a bit, circle a cow field and come back, but because of that, I can't point it down.

I need to try and understand litchi and all this. Will come back here later for advice. Is there any special feature better than the go app?

Tony, you can plan missions on their website and save it to your account. And then from the app you can load it and send your bird flying away. You set the waypoints you want it to fly to, and set the altitude for each waypoint. You also create points of interest, and each waypoint can have a POI to look towards. You say what altitude the POI is and apparently IF you're connected to the bird, it'll not only turn towards it but also adjust the camera as needed to keep it in the view. For instance, something you should be familiar with :) Set it to take off and loop around the point of the island (the blue pin). Start at 30meters, go out to 103 meters, back to 30 then back to 103, etc.
skyway.jpg

The pause only works when the entire mission is not set to Custom, if I recall. (Curves turned off.)

S
You are correct, actions are disabled with curved turns because the Phantom does not fly to the waypoints.

Ok. I don't remember setting up log in their website. But I will try it now.
Also I'm using beta version.

I appreciate the help. Ok. I'm figuring it out slowly. I can set the way points. I see the altitude setting. Have no clue what the curve seeking should be. Also I see a 3 ft setting there. Don't know what this means. I need to go to big open field and try this. It looks like a disaster waiting to happen until I understand litchi. Go app much more simpler.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20