Litchi, need help w/ Direction of camera

Reaction score
I just bought the app and love it. The only thing that I can not figure out is how to make the camera point in the direction of flight. For instance, if there are no POI set, it will point, say, north. The whole flight. I would like it to point where it is flying, or behind, etc. I have watched countless videos and have not run across this solution yet. Thank you in advance pilots.

Click on the way point and then a menu opens up. Scroll down and there will be an icon of the arrow and it will have north, east, south, west and from there use your finger to turn it in the direction you want it to face
1500948970066.png

Check out page 22 in the manual under Heading. Set to 'Auto' the camera will point toward the next waypoint. Set to 'Custom' and you can program the direction the camera point at each WP and it will smoothly transition from one direction to the next.

Reactions: Pharm
Check out page 22 in the manual under Heading. Set to 'Auto' the camera will point toward the next waypoint. Set to 'Custom' and you can program the direction the camera point at each WP and it will smoothly transition from one direction to the next.
As long as you still have a connection to the remote. If the phantom goes out of radio signal range, it can not send the command to move the camera or change speeds. The rest, like waypoints and height, are stored in the phantom's memory when the flight is uploaded.

As long as you still have a connection to the remote. If the phantom goes out of radio signal range, it can not send the command to move the camera...
I believe this is only true for camera PITCH changes (vertical). I think it can still aim the camera horizontally (yaw) without radio connection.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC
I'm having trouble with this also. P3P on an ipad air, this week the camera just started drifting around instead of following the POIs that I have set up. Airdata uav shows great rc signal. I'm running the latest firmware, rc has been binded to the drone, etc. Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks

I'm thinking that I have overworked the tablet with too many way points, so I've simplified the mission. Will try again and report back. I may also try my Samsung tab pro 8.4, but I'd rather not pay for the app a second time if I don't need to. Stay tuned...

I'm thinking that I have overworked the tablet with too many way points, so I've simplified the mission. Will try again and report back. I may also try my Samsung tab pro 8.4, but I'd rather not pay for the app a second time if I don't need to. Stay tuned...
Is your aim off horizontally (yaw) or vertically (pitch). Only pitch change commands come from the tablet / smartphone. Yaw direction is uploaded to the bird. I sometimes have had yaw aiming problems. One time I recalibrated the compass and when I reran the mission it cleared up. Don't know if it's a coincidence. My last mission was off on its yaw aiming on one POI.

I don't think so. The camera is literally spinning 360 degrees, like it's windmilling, but the bird is staying on course. I will try recalibrating the compass and see if it helps. I also had a LOT of waypoints in the mission. I created a circular pattern with a POI in the middle, like an orbit maneuver within a waypoint mission. I've removed several waypoints, so the mission is down from something like 44 waypoints to 14 waypoints.

Airdata UAV showed strong (green) rc signal the whole time, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm thinking the tablet (ipad air) may have had too much to keep up with, having all those waypoints, and just went out to lunch. So that's where I am now. I also created a quickie WP mission with something like 4-6 waypoints and a simple 1 POI, but the same thing happened. I'm scratching my head here.

By way of background, I've been into RC for about 10 years, I'm a private pilot, part 107 UAV certificate. I've had this P3P since about April of this year, and also fly a Kespry 2.0 drone ($30k yikes!!!) for industrial mapping at work as part of my job. I'm no expert on the P3P, but not really a beginner either. Been into FPV for a while too.

Thank you for taking time to reply! I appreciate it.

Bob

Sorry, just re-read your question. Yes, it's off horizontally. It's all over the place, like it's not even responding to the app's commands.

I assume you're doing this mission with Curved Turns enabled. If so, there are WAY too many waypoints in the two orbits. Both can be accomplished with far fewer by placing them appropriately, and adjusting the curve radius at each wpt. you can Achieve a perfect, round pass. Here's an example:

Last edited:
I think I found the problem! I recalibrated the compass, and it seems to have fixed it. I've flown a test waypoint mission, and the camera points where it should. I've also cleaned up the settings on my missions, and I think we're back in business.

Thank you guys for helping me out. Hopefully I can return the favor one day soon!

Bob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub