Litchi-Mission Settings-IOS

Reaction score
Here's an FYI about Litchi Mission Settings that I clearly didn't know.
If you are changing settings for one of your missions and decide to change ROTATIONS DIRECTION from Managed to Manual or vice versa, this setting will change in ALL your missions. This is done whether you save the mission you are working with or not. It takes IMMEDIATE affect,,, again, for ALL of your missions. This caused me lots of grief as I was tinkering with a test mission wondering what some of the settings really did. In doing so, at a later date I was flying a completely different mission and all of a sudden my P4 started rotating between some of the waypoints. I'd run this mission many times before and had not changed it. It took me quite a while to eventually figure it out, but was shocked to discover that this setting is (in my vocabulary) a global one. Now, that's not to say all Mission Settings are global because they are not! For example, Heading settings appear to be mission specific. Seems to me that a setting that has a global affect should be somewhere else and not grouped with a bunch of mission specific settings. Hope this is helpful.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Does this apply to ALL settings in Litchi? That sucks if so. Could cause problems especially if you have missions you need to fly over and over repeatedly with the same settings (such as time lapse construction site).

Does this apply to ALL settings in Litchi? That sucks if so. Could cause problems especially if you have missions you need to fly over and over repeatedly with the same settings (such as time lapse construction site).

I don't know the answer to your question. I know when I've changed the Rotations setting it took effect on all my missions. It appears that it is not mission specific -it's more of a global setting. All you need to do is change it back in one mission to change it for all. I checked the Heading setting and that does indeed to be mission specific. I've not checked other settings. Litchi should do a better job labeling these settings so it's clear what's Mission specific and which are global.

I asked Litchi Facebook via a personal message about my discovery of the Rotations Direction functionality. Their reply was that this is operating as intended.

Last edited:
Here's an FYI about Litchi Mission Settings that I clearly didn't know.
If you are changing settings for one of your missions and decide to change ROTATIONS DIRECTION from Managed to Manual or vice versa, this setting will change in ALL your missions. This is done whether you save the mission you are working with or not. It takes IMMEDIATE affect,,, again, for ALL of your missions. This caused me lots of grief as I was tinkering with a test mission wondering what some of the settings really did. In doing so, at a later date I was flying a completely different mission and all of a sudden my P4 started rotating between some of the waypoints. I'd run this mission many times before and had not changed it. It took me quite a while to eventually figure it out, but was shocked to discover that this setting is (in my vocabulary) a global one. Now, that's not to say all Mission Settings are global because they are not! For example, Heading settings appear to be mission specific. Seems to me that a setting that has a global affect should be somewhere else and not grouped with a bunch of mission specific settings. Hope this is helpful.

can you tell me where the global settings are where i can change direction
I am logging into the litchi.com site mission hub and under settings i only have
aircraft
units
path
cruising speed
default curve side

is it somewhere else?

Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 273

Members online