Litchi "Mission Ended" Error

Reaction score
on two separate occasions now the litchi app has announced "mission ended" about halfway through a relatively short 2 minute pre-planned way point flight. This is quite disconcerting especially since the drone was near a point where I lose all signal. The drone did fly back to me, but any ideas why it is doing this?

Correction-Enhanced Warning Zone, as depicted in the second pic, see legend at the bottom right.

I had this happen only once. I set up a very simple mission the skirted the boundaries of our local airfield.
I launched the mission from the ground and just as the P3 moved to the first point it announced the same message. At that point it was just hovering in place, so without moving it I uploaded it again and it ran the mission without further fail. At the time I just considered it a glitch, but after reading your post I have greater concern. I am not in a NFZ but i am in a DJI MOA warning zone. When I use DJI Go app I have to acknowledge that I am authorized each time I fly here. I don't know it that could be the cause.
58f14cedbb6b032499e9a7db64cab972.jpg

Sent from the Traveler from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
4790d54f5024792d858e24db63928bbb.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if it will say mission ended when it loses connection with the remote. I'm definitely not in a military zone.

I was only 30 feet from it so I know I had good connection.
I didn't know I was in an enhanced warning zone until I looked at the DJI unlock site. The zone I am in is super big. BIG!

When you say it flew back to you did it complete the mission or execute RTH? I have seen mussion ended when loosing signal more than once however the mission continued as expected.

Yes the mission went ahead and completed and flew back to me as part of the mission. So perhaps litchi will say mission ended when losing connection with remote.

When you say it flew back to you did it complete the mission or execute RTH? I have seen mussion ended when loosing signal more than once however the mission continued as expected.

In my case the P3 just stopped and waited for direction. It was only at the first way point when it said mission ended.

Thats actually very disturbing to here since I would never want the drone to stop during a mission capriciously since it would be out of sight and may not be retrievable.

In my case the P3 just stopped and waited for direction. It was only at the first way point when it said mission ended.

Agreed! However in this case it wasn't a problem as you could say it ended before it even got started, but had I been out of range it would have likely never returned.

We have a close fire here today, so I am grounded, but I will test the same mission as soon as I can.

Also odd, but I just checked HealthyDrones and it recorded the completed mission but not the one that ended.

Hoovy, what do you have your C1/2 set to? My C2 is set to pause/resume. I don't think I have ever pressed it during a mission but I wonder if that would be the message you would receive. I would expect to hear mission paused, not mission ended. Just reaching for some explanation at this point.

I have the standard so I don't have the c1/c2 but rest assured I'm going to be paying very close attention on the next flight the timing of the mission ended alert.

Hoovy, what do you have your C1/2 set to? My C2 is set to pause/resume. I don't think I have ever pressed it during a mission but I wonder if that would be the message you would receive. I would expect to hear mission paused, not mission ended. Just reaching for some explanation at this point.

I have the standard so I don't have the c1/c2 but rest assured I'm going to be paying very close attention on the next flight the timing of the mission ended alert.

Sorry, I just assumed about the extra button. I will be mindful of now too and I am going to write [email protected] for any info they may have about this bug. I am surprised more members have not had this happen. It is very popular and IMO a very quality product.

I keep you posted on any findings.

Cheers

Thats actually very disturbing to here since I would never want the drone to stop during a mission capriciously since it would be out of sight and may not be retrievable.

@Hoovy,
Here is what they "Litchi" so far about the reported issue. It may fit your issue.

"We will be looking into this, but we were not aware of this issue and have not seen it before.
There have been some cases where the "mission ended" voice would trigger on signal loss in the past caused by a DJI SDK bug, but it does not seem related to your issue and it would not cause the actual mission to end."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20