Litchi Mission Check ....

Reaction score
HI Litchi users ... below is a link to a new mission I will be filming ... would any experienced Litchi missionaires be so kind as to give it a look for any disasters lying in wait? There are some elevation changes that have my attention.

I've used GoogleEarth to set up the initial waypoints with altitudes. I've tweaked some based on the cinematography goals I have but wan to make sure I haven't introduced any "situations", ahem.

:eek:

Thank you Phantomaires!

Mission Hub - Litchi

I see no problem at all if you can ascertain that trees are not higher than 43-5=37m at waypoint 6 and than 42-2=40m at waypoint 9. Same thing between waypoints 17 and 18 : take care of parallax in Google views when tempting to go through two obstacles. Parallax and some imprecision in AC positionning can lead to a disaster.

Hello Avocet,

How high are the trees at 7,8 and 9?

Might I suggest that you set all the waypoints maybe 20 metres higher, then if all goes well, and it's obviously too high, then refly it at a lower altitude. Alternatively go to the questionable areas in GPS mode to see how close you are before flying the mission.

I use Litchi a lot, but would not consider myself any kind of expert, but that's what I would do. Even with one battery, you can do all the safety flights and still have plenty of juice left.

Just zoomed the map out, are you near Wiscasset NFZ? Have you got Airmap (free app) to check?

Good luck, it looks pretty.

Points 7,8 and 9 seem to be critical. Didn't check further.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I believe I am just INSIDE of the NFZ at Wiscassett Muni (UAV Forecast). I will do a prelim visit today after work and see how I feel about the data. I will contact KIWI if I decide to go ahead. I also have a great topo map app on my phone which I will use to confirm some of the terrain fluctuations ...

This is the trade off .. too much altitude, while safer perhaps, defeats the videographic detail I look for and thereby sacrifices some quality. It's a trade off finding the right altitude for optimal video capture and safe flying without any serious terrain avoidance technology.

There is no reason our UAVs will NOT have this feature very soon. The technology to implement it is already 2 decades or more old - just a matter of time for the manufacturers to catch up and build this into their schemes. They WILL do it though .. another price point hike (on really old technology).

HI Litchi users ... below is a link to a new mission I will be filming ... would any experienced Litchi missionaires be so kind as to give it a look for any disasters lying in wait? There are some elevation changes that have my attention.

I've used GoogleEarth to set up the initial waypoints with altitudes. I've tweaked some based on the cinematography goals I have but wan to make sure I haven't introduced any "situations", ahem.

:eek:

Thank you Phantomaires!

Mission Hub - Litchi

Everything looks okay, from what I can see. Enjoy your flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj