Litchi Mission at Enchanted Rock

Reaction score
Out in Fredericksburg, Texas last week and did a Litchi mission flight. Total flight time was 15 minutes and 2 miles total flight. A hawk kept on giving the drone the eye several times, but left it alone.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice flying - how'd you figure the heights? I always chicken out and set them higher than I'd really like.

Nice flying - how'd you figure the heights? I always chicken out and set them higher than I'd really like.

If you're on a PC, download Virtual Litchi MIssion. Create a mission then export it to Google Earth Pro. It will play the flight and you can see how the flight goes. One thing I did was to find out how tall ER is, then everything fell into place. I had planned to have the second "mountain" in the foreground with ER in the background as the video shows towards the end to give the video some sense of depth

This was taken around 600 pm and the sun was still a killer. I should have waited for the sun to get lower or gone in the morning hours while it was still low in the sky

If you're on a PC, download Virtual Litchi MIssion. Create a mission then export it to Google Earth Pro. It will play the flight and you can see how the flight goes. One thing I did was to find out how tall ER is, then everything fell into place. I had planned to have the second "mountain" in the foreground with ER in the background as the video shows towards the end to give the video some sense of depth

This was taken around 600 pm and the sun was still a killer. I should have waited for the sun to get lower or gone in the morning hours while it was still low in the sky
Oh yeah - I've used VLM since he started working on it.
Problem with most areas is Google earth doesn't accurately model the 3D terrain in most areas. I confess I haven't yet looked out at that area - I did for Buchanan Dam and had issues with some of those ginormous power towers - too close for comfort. Surprisingly downtown Austin is fairly accurate except it's behind a couple of years with the developments.

Yep, it all depends on Google Earth, but in this case if I play the mission in GE, it's almost like looking at the video in a lower quality.
You might be able to find it in Mission Hub, along with the YT video

Reactions: Brojon
Very nice .I always like seeing other parts of the world especially the lesser known areas .
One trick with litchi missions that I use on low level missions is to tilt the camera down a bit .This creates the impression that you are lower than you are .I expect you may know this already .

Very nice .I always like seeing other parts of the world especially the lesser known areas .
One trick with litchi missions that I use on low level missions is to tilt the camera down a bit .This creates the impression that you are lower than you are .I expect you may know this already .
I usually set mine at -20 unless the sky has something to offer. While a cornflower blue sky is pretty, there's not much of interest unless there's clouds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31