Litchi latest update.... How's it for you?

Reaction score
I didn't do the latest update with litchi as I heard bad things about it.. I mean... Why fix what isn't broke

But... If they correct it with another update.. How will I know as I still have an update pending

What firmware and bird are you using, any issues?

Dont want to upgrade but I'm a bit OCD where I hate anything pending to be installed

Cheers guys

Neon Euc

There are two ways to update:

1. If you are happy with current version don't upgrade further until you see a bug has been resolved in your area of interest.

2. Close your eyes, keep on updating to every release.

Follow one of the above ways.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
What's the difference in using the Litchi app as opposed to using the standard DJI apps?

What's the difference in using the Litchi app as opposed to using the standard DJI apps?

You can plan the missions offline and then fly them at your convenience.

I didn't do the latest update with litchi as I heard bad things about it.. I mean... Why fix what isn't broke

But... If they correct it with another update.. How will I know as I still have an update pending

What firmware and bird are you using, any issues?

Dont want to upgrade but I'm a bit OCD where I hate anything pending to be installed

Cheers guys

Neon Euc
What did you hear? Been flying since beta with no real issues.

Wow that is so cool!!
Litchi adds a new dimension in drone flying. Regular drone flying gets old to me, especially around my home. Planning and then flying Litchi waypoint missions interests me so my drone sees way more air time since I got the app.

Litchi adds a new dimension in drone flying. Regular drone flying gets old to me, especially around my home. Planning and then flying Litchi waypoint missions interests me so my drone sees way more air time since I got the app.
Agreed. For me Litchi adds another level to the experience. And I've really had no issues with any version that can't be attributed to something boneheaded I did (like adding that extra waypoint at the end of a mission 2 miles away with an errant mouse click)

Reactions: FASTFJR
Litchi seems behind with their user manual. I can't find the updated manual for the Current Litchi version that supports Phantom 4 pro. Pls send me link if anyone has got to it

Thanks for all the input from everyone. . I will hold back on the update just yet and see what happens on the next update

Neon Euc

You already saw my thread and how it was crashing for me and several others on the P4 platform when using the Nvidia Shield, I would avoid it like the flu. I finally received a link from another drone user on here where Litchi sent him the link to the previous version 3.9.2. I just dumped 3.10 and put this back on....working like a CHAMP again...very happy at this end. Going to add the link in case anyone else needs to go back.
985.apk

2. Close your eyes, keep on updating to every release.
To install Litchi, do we have to have latest and greatest firmware(Litchi recommends)? Is there a downside not having the latest firmware but still install the latest Litchi?

You already saw my thread and how it was crashing for me and several others on the P4 platform when using the Nvidia Shield, I would avoid it like the flu.
985.apk
Okay, that's my setup, and I just bought the app today. I'm going to hold off trying it until I know the following: What happens to the aircraft when the app crashes? Do the RC controls continue to work normally (I expect so)?

If flying a mission, does the aircraft just continue on ignorant to the absence of the app?

To install Litchi, do we have to have latest and greatest firmware(Litchi recommends)? Is there a downside not having the latest firmware but still install the latest Litchi?

I know all APIs are not backward compatible and I doubt if Litchi will make it compatible with all APIs. In general we should use the latest AC fw as we don't know when and which API got changed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1