Litchi is amazing

Reaction score
Just filmed my first mission with it - hands down WAY better than anything I could possibly have done by hand. I think I put it off because I was afraid of the learning curve, but it was really easy to plan the mission in the Hub, make a few corrections in the field, and fly.

AND they put *all* the settings under one menu - no more hunting in every nook and cranny of DJI GO desperately trying to find what you need while your bird burns battery up in the air.

So if you are into high-quality video, do yourself a favor and get it!

Started using it a week ago, it's now the only app I'm using. I love being able to plot the courses on a desktop FIRST and it's fun to do. Litchi's way points and points of interest are allowing me to do videos I would no be able to do while flying Manuel mode. I did this vid testerday,

Reactions: Falcon900
I love litchi!! I got it a couple weeks ago, and flew several small waypoint missions (as well as using the other features [emoji23]) and it was great! I just flew about a mile long mission, and it performed perfectly! I'm hooked! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here's my first Litchi mission.

Seriously, I didn't think it would be fun - in fact, I thought that not being able to fly it myself would really make the fun out of it. To the contrary.........it was so neat to watch it in action and see how nice and clean the shots were! Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

OK...so im tettering on the edge of buying this app but I don't want to make the jump because of the comments regarding the return to home issues. Just to clarify does this issue only affect the VR modes ? Im desperate to try it but for that one factor.
I really keen on the orbit modes and the fact that Litchi seems to be able to orbit at a lower altitude. Someone sell me the pros and cons! BTW..I have a phantom 3 standard . My first video was posted on you tube yesterday after 1 week of flying experience. so much to learn about lighting , speed ,frame rates and just smooth piloting!

"When using a Phantom 3 Standard or Phantom 3 4K (not to be confused with Phantom 3 Pro), be aware that the aircraft will not return to home automatically if signal is lost while Litchi has some or all control of the aircraft, it will hover instead. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other aircraft models and flight modes are unaffected by this issue."

and so ...how will this affect my use of the Patti and all that other cool stuff ?.,

Btw - is the LItchi GPS positioning better than the go-app?

Last edited:
Yes this is a must have app for the waypoint missions. I have noticed some buggy behavior but have done a few dozen waypoint missions with no hiccups aside from one mission where return to home was activated for unclear reasons. I am using the phantom 3 standard

Let me put it this way; since using Litchi, I seldom if *ever* am able to use a hand-controlled shot unless it's going in a straight line. Once you experience how smooth a properly-planned Litchi flight is, you notice how jerky any sort of non-programmed movement is. The difference will be so obvious that you won't want to add jerky-movement video to Litchi video.

I promise, it is money well spent. Some guys use Litchi to fly waaay far out of range and back, and they would be better at addressing any RTH issues, but I suppose the whole point there is that it would *not* RTH, but complete its mission. As long as you've programmed the last waypoint back to you, all should be fine.

I've only used Litchi for filming, and it simply can't be beat. And the beauty is you can set up a mission, double-check everything, then go fly it; then, you have the luxury of opening up that mission and tweaking it and reflying it until it's right. Won't take you long to figure out how to set it up right the first time.

In fact, I've even noticed that a lot of my POI orbits in DJI GO are unusable because the camera seems to forget to rotate and then corrects itself. Haven't tried in Litchi yet but I certainly will.

Go for it - and it also lets you use your phone as VR goggles if you have a $20 vr "headset", which is really just a phone holder.

Am trying to figure out how you can check the video of you Litchi mission to see if you got the shots you want? Will the HDMI output from the controller work with Litchi? If so I may try an external recorder.

You can turn on "screen record" in litchi. Doesn't confirm that the video was properly recorded on the ad card, but you will be able to replay it to confirm that you were looking in the right direction and that the exposure was reasonable.

Luv LUv LUV LITCHI!

Flying for video wouldn't be the same without it. Cheap way to get a VR experience too.

Now if I could just get my glasses to stop fogging up I'd be a happy Traveler, lol.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Am trying to figure out how you can check the video of you Litchi mission to see if you got the shots you want? Will the HDMI output from the controller work with Litchi? If so I may try an external recorder.

Photos and videos that are taken with the Litchi app can be viewed in the Go app.

I am not seeing them when I close Litchi and go to the Go App. Not finding anything except what was captured by the Go App.Am using an iPad air 2 and Inspire 1 pro

I am not seeing them when I close Litchi and go to the Go App. Not finding anything except what was captured by the Go App.Am using an iPad air 2 and Inspire 1 pro

Litchi does not store lo-res images/video on your device but it is possible to view what's on your SD card using the Go app.
After the flight and with everything still powered up, close Litchi, open Go and in the camera view tap the play icon on the right side of your device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20