Litchi have removed Phantom Vision support in the Beta Version of the App

Reaction score
Be wary all Vision 2 plus owners !!!
Do not to upgrade to the latest (Beta) version of Litchi !!,
it does not support the Vision Range anymore ! (see release text below)
Great!, so , do we now get a Full refund because it does not support our Machines anymore Mr Litchi ???

Hello,

A new version of Litchi (3.0.1) is available for beta testing.
This version has been updated to the DJI development kit 3.0 which means Litchi now supports 3 new platforms: the P3 Standard, P3 4K and Inspire 1 Pro.
Support for the Phantom 2 Vision series has been removed. If you are a Phantom 2 user, do not update to this version.
You can opt in or opt out of beta testing here

3.0.1 changelog:

• added support for P3 Standard, P3 4K and Inspire 1 Pro
  • removed P2 vision and P2 vision + support
  • aircraft model is now automatically detected
  • added new camera shooting modes (HDR and AEB)
  • gimbal movements improvements for Focus POI setting (waypoint mode)
removed aircraft type and video decoder settings

I read it was removed by the new SDK regulations so DJI forced them to remove it.

What are "SDK regulations"? Android platform?
Software Developer Kit for DJI mandated it be removed. Third party apps have to conform to DJI rules.

Kinda thought that may be the case after pondering "SDK" and whose it referred to. DJI sure doesn't seem to give a crap about legacy owners and support.

Don't install the beta version! Simple...use the release version and you'll be fine. I think you have to opt-in to even get the beta software. 2.7.1 is apparently the latest/greatest version supporting P2V and P2V+.

Is despicable DJ performance to begin not update their applications and end not let others do it. The pity is that no more leading companies in the sector to ensure greater competition not only on prices, if not in performance, perhaps this way DJI would not do what I wanted.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1