Litchi go home !

Reaction score
I get a "land" feature in Litchi, but no "go home", unlike DJI GO. The drone wants to land on the spot, instead of coming home. Is there such a thing? Sorry, I'm pretty much a novice with Litchi, but learning. I recently had to fly my drone home manually after losing the connection. Fortunately I came into view and I could do it. However, the drone didn't come home automatically like it would with DJI GO.

Litchi does have a GO HOME, but only in FPV, not while in waypoint missions. Plan your missions wisely with a last waypoint close to you, or the first waypoint close to you and set it to return to first waypoint.

I get a "land" feature in Litchi, but no "go home", unlike DJI GO. The drone wants to land on the spot, instead of coming home. Is there such a thing? Sorry, I'm pretty much a novice with Litchi, but learning. I recently had to fly my drone home manually after losing the connection. Fortunately I came into view and I could do it. However, the drone didn't come home automatically like it would with DJI GO.

It's not possible to fly your drone once you've lost RC connection. It's more likely you lost video feed. Big difference! If you were flying a well planned Waypoint mission, it probably would have completed without intervention on your part.

Last edited:
It's not possible to fly your drone once you've lost RC connection. It's more likely you lost video feed. Big difference!
The first sentence is correct, however, if he were flying in FPV and had the settings correct the AC would have RTH instead of land. If he lost connection in waypoints, it would have completed the mission regardless of signal loss. And just for the record, loosing video feed is almost as important as manual control. About the only thing you can do at that point is manual RTH. You will have no maps, telemetry feed or anything to guide you and more likely than not when this happens you are BVLOS. Just throwing that out there.

The first sentence is correct, however, if he were flying in FPV and had the settings correct the AC would have RTH instead of land. If he lost connection in waypoints, it would have completed the mission regardless of signal loss. And just for the record, loosing video feed is almost as important as manual control. About the only thing you can do at that point is manual RTH. You will have no maps, telemetry feed or anything to guide you and more likely than not when this happens you are BVLOS. Just throwing that out there.

Be that as it may, a lot of flyers use Litchi because of LCMC. I was simply stating a fact, not offering advice. Notwithstanding the importance of maintaining VLOS and all the telemetry associated with the flight, I'm pretty sure everything I said was correct, no?

I'm pretty sure everything I said was correct, no?
Everything except the video feed being a big difference from signal was correct IMO. Many people have confused the issue between the two. Basically there is no difference. They are on the same frequency band, however video will usually go away before control signal. That was my point.

Everything except the video feed being a big difference from signal was correct IMO. Many people have confused the issue between the two. Basically there is no difference. They are on the same frequency band, however video will usually go away before control signal. That was my point.

It would appear that you've taken umbrage with my use of a couple of words, and for that, I apologize.

It would appear that you've taken umbrage with my use of a couple of words, and for that, I apologize.
None needed. No problem with that. I just try to stay correct as I can, and have no problems when I am corrected by others. It's all part of discussion and understanding
Thumbs Up.gif

BVLOS ?

" Beyond Visual Line Of Sight" BVLOS

A few things to clear up here...
  • Telemetry and video are transmitted from the aircraft on the same digital modulated carrier. Telemetry is extracted at the receiver.
  • The return signal can degrade enough that a video channel can not be extracted, yet the telemetry is still possible to decode and update live. I've seen this on both GO4 and Litchi. Under these circumstances, you still have a lot of options for recovery because you have live telemetry. When you lose video, stop and hover in place, and check if you are still getting telemetry.
  • It is easy to get in a situation where you can't receive the return signal well enough to have any feedback at all from the aircraft, and it looks disconnected. However, it is still receiving the control signal from the RC! Therefore, any time you become "disconnected" it's a good idea to initiate RTH on the RC. While most of the time it probably won't be received, in many more cases than you might think it does get through. Particularly if the app is telling you there's interference when you take off.

Back to the OP's question: Open Litchi (while connected to the AC). Click on the gear cogs in the upper right corner. Scroll down until you see "Signal Lost Behavior for Manual Flying". Click on that and choose want you want it to do. You have three choices: Hover, Land, or Return to Home.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20