Litchi glitch

Reaction score
I'm reading about some other users having glitches in Litchi. The 2 issues I had didn't match anyone else's so I wanted to share them.

Both happened using the Pano mode on a P3P (Using an iPhone 6 Plus and most recent iOS update).

First time, 2 issues happened, although one of them was not the apps fault. Half way through the pano shoot, my Jeep's UConnect app went active on my phone. This completely fouled up the flight and the pano stopped midway through. Not sure why, but it did. I was able to restart the pano over. It was doing just fine, took all the pictures. When it finished however, the drone just started spinning in circles. It wasn't crashing, held it's altitude just fine, just was spinning. I got it under control and landed it.

Flew 2 more pano shots within an hour of this one, and both were perfectly fine.

The 4th pano shot I did, all worked fine and the mission ended normally. This time, it was stuck in "joystick" mode. Controls from the controller did nothing. I eventually switched from 'F' mode to 'P' mode and it came back to normal.

I can't think this was a firmware issue, as the latest firmware update for the P3P was over 6 months ago.
Could have just been a communications glitch. It never happened before using DJI GO.

I like Litchi but this could have turned bad. Starting to think 3rd party apps might not be the best options.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

Had almost the exact same thing happen to my P4 prior to the iOS 1.16.2 update. I emailed Litchi and their response was amongst other things to switch my iPhone device to airplane mode. That made no difference although the last update refers to fixes including pano mode. Has been fine ever since, but I had stopped using it prior to that due to the erratic behaviour. I'm leaning towards getting a dedicated tablet for dji and litchi only as maybe as the updates are taxing my current device.

I'm leaning towards getting a dedicated tablet for dji and litchi only as maybe as the updates are taxing my current device.

Interesting you mentioned taxing your device. Today was the first time I ever got a message that my phones CPU was being overworked

Interesting you mentioned taxing your device. Today was the first time I ever got a message that my phones CPU was being overworked
Yeah, I jettisoned everything from my iPhone and did the usual shutdown of everything that may have been running in the background to see if that helped. Strange that it only happened in pano mode as missions nor any other Litchi features or the GO app were affected.

Yeah, I jettisoned everything from my iPhone and did the usual shutdown of everything that may have been running in the background to see if that helped. Strange that it only happened in pano mode as missions nor any other Litchi features or the GO app were affected.

Same here. As bad as it sounds, at least I'm not the only one having the problem.

Any other apps available that can do a pano so we don't need Litchi? That's the only reason I'm using it for now, although I have tried a route with it too.

Same here. As bad as it sounds, at least I'm not the only one having the problem.

Any other apps available that can do a pano so we don't need Litchi? That's the only reason I'm using it for now, although I have tried a route with it too.
Not sure about any other apps, I purchased Litchi mainly for the mission option and used pano mode for use in the local community paper. The updated app on my iPhone 6+ works fine now but as I noted earlier, i also deleted a lot of junk from the device to free up space, so that may also have helped with the processing side of things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik