Litchi for iOS First Flight

Reaction score
I had a bit of an issue when I first tried to launch the app. My RC was saying DISCONNECTED. I'm running various checks through my mind, preparing to go home disappointed because nothing works, when I see my cord between the iPad and the RC dangling, not connected. Oops. After that, I'm happy to report that the Litchi app for iOS worked flawlessly on my first flight using it. I was hesitant to let the app fly the bird without my controlling it, and my fingers on the switch to take control back, but it worked great! I hope Litchi continues to develop the app, as it really is nice not to have to fly and also photograph at the same time.

Reactions: tobeallque
I had a bit of an issue when I first tried to launch the app. My RC was saying DISCONNECTED. I'm running various checks through my mind, preparing to go home disappointed because nothing works, when I see my cord between the iPad and the RC dangling, not connected. Oops. After that, I'm happy to report that the Litchi app for iOS worked flawlessly on my first flight using it. I was hesitant to let the app fly the bird without my controlling it, and my fingers on the switch to take control back, but it worked great! I hope Litchi continues to develop the app, as it really is nice not to have to fly and also photograph at the same time.

Good to hear that. I was asking for user feedback on the iOS versions of the App yesterday.

What iOS device did you run Litchi on out of interest?

What does this mean, trying to use my litchi app?
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451856265.104729.jpg

It wants you to take off to 5 m ,then move the toggle switch under the gimbal tilt wheel to f mode before the mission will start. The Autopilot app will launch without arming the motors.

Good to hear that. I was asking for user feedback on the iOS versions of the App yesterday.

What iOS device did you run Litchi on out of interest?
I'm using iPad 4wifi only.

tobeallque, you have to launch the bird, then run the app. I switched to f mode before launching like I always do. I took it up to about 20 ft, then ran the mission.

I'm using iPad 4wifi only.

tobeallque, you have to launch the bird, then run the app. I switched to f mode before launching like I always do. I took it up to about 20 ft, then ran the mission.

Just used the app on my IPhone 6 and love it!!!! Man, this app is great!!!

With that said, where do we go to recover the video??? I recorded my flight but can't locate the video.

Are you saying that Litchi did not record to the 16GB memory disc?
Could you tell me please. I saw Litchi App for $20. Are there any in app purchase required after you buy the app to use it? Or annual fee?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The video was recorded on your SD card. Nothing different. There are no subscriptions, and it works very well, much better than the DJI go program in my opinion

Actually, u can start a litchi mission while the bird is on the ground. Load the mission, move the switch to 'P' and press start. The motors will start, it will climb to 20 ft then head for the first waypoint. Make sure that there is nothing too high between the launch point and the first waypoint.

Actually, u can start a litchi mission while the bird is on the ground. Load the mission, move the switch to 'P' and press start. The motors will start, it will climb to 20 ft then head for the first waypoint. Make sure that there is nothing too high between the launch point and the first waypoint.
P4 and up will use P. P3's need to have the switch on F to start the mission. I think.... ;-)

Are you saying that Litchi did not record to the 16GB memory disc?
Could you tell me please. I saw Litchi App for $20. Are there any in app purchase required after you buy the app to use it? Or annual fee?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There is a 5$ in-App purchase for Litchi Vue streaming.
Litchi Vue is an App, which allows to stream your flight video in real-time to another iOS (emm, who knows, maybe to Android, too) device via WiFi.
Before to buy, you can try it 20 minutes for free.

No other purchases/fees in Litchi, afaik.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

P4 and up will use P. P3's need to have the switch on F to start the mission. I think.... ;-)
Oops, my bad - it is the 'F' position.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4