Litchi Follow Me

Reaction score
How many satellites are required for this feature to actually work? I had 12 locked today and still got the message 'gps lock sucks for your location'...Not verbatim. ;)

I got the same thing. But I was flying where it said there was also heavy interference. Flying went fine, but Litchi would not let me "Follow me". I had 15 satellites. It said it could not lock on to gps as it was not strong enough. Go figure? I don't know the answer. I was flying in a park, but about 1/2 mile is an airport and about 1/4 mile is some type of military area. I never could calibrate my compass there either. But flying has been faultless. I may try a different area for the follow me function.

Reactions: Squirrel!
It's the gps accuracy needed on your device/tablet, not the phantom.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460518330.530538.jpg

I'm a little confused. Are you saying that my mobile device needs to have gps capability? Or do I just need to draw a circle of where I am on the map? New to Litchi.
Yes, the device needs a good gps lock.
The instructions I posted are referring to an imaginary circle around yourself.

Yes, my tablet has GPS.

Hmmm, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with my RC (no GPS). So, if I want to use "Follow me", I would have to get Litchi Leash so I can use my cell phone with GPS to be able to use "Follow me". Would that be correct?

Hmmm, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with my RC (no GPS). So, if I want to use "Follow me", I would have to get Litchi Leash so I can use my cell phone with GPS to be able to use "Follow me". Would that be correct?
Galaxy Tab 4 has GPS, that's what I use.
You should have a blue dot on your map screen representing the tablets location.

Galaxy Tab 4 has GPS, that's what I use.
You should have a blue dot on your map screen representing the tablets location.

That's interesting, I'll check for that. I thought I had to have cell service to make active or use GPS. I guess GPS is just built in and active on most devices. Thanks.

[EDIT] I just found this in the manual. Bet I only have wifi turned on:
Your device only acquires your location when you allow it.
To use location-based services, you must first enable
location services on your device.
TouchMode
to select how your location is determined:
• High accuracy
: Use GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks.
• Power saving
: Use Wi-Fi and mobile networks
(no GPS).
• GPS only
: Use GPS only
I turned off everything to avoid any possibility of lag on the screen. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Yep, sure enough, I had GPS turned off on my Tab 4. Turned it on, went out to fly and I couldn't get away from that bird in the sky. Hehe! I learned too, that if you want it to stay on subject, be careful of the offset, and also, I had to start record before I told it to follow me. While it was already set to follow, it would not go into record mode. Lesson learned. But, it is quite fun once you get it working. Thanks to Squirrel! and CRF319 for all your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic