Litchi Follow Me from the side and front

Reaction score
I'm not sure whether I am doing something wrong or if there is something wrong with my drone, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the Litchi app to Follow Me directly from the side (90 degrees) and say out in front and to the right (maybe 30 degrees). No matter what I have with my settings it seems to want to always just follow from behind. Can anyone describe specifically what my settings need to be to accomplish both of these scenarios?

The reason I'm wondering something might be amiss is Course Lock seemed to have flaked out on me during one flight as well. After setting the course lock and it not working I would eventually get an IOC error after about 10 seconds of attempting to start it. This was only a one-time event so hopefully it was just an anomaly.

It's a Follow Me mode so I presume it works in follow mode only. It can't lead or accompany.

It's a Follow Me mode so I presume it works in follow mode only. It can't lead or accompany.

Thanks, but I find that hard to believe. If this was the case they wouldn't have so many settings for 360 degrees. A simple follow me mode doesn't really need to know anything about angles, it would simply follow from directly behind. But that isn't what I see in the app. There are settings for 0, 90, 180, 270, etc., and everything in between.

It can fly on your side that way. It would be stupid if it can only go behind you. I think it can go also in front but I havent treid.

I have tried it on my 3 o'clock and it followed like it should. But it flies somewhat funny with small stop&go moves even when I was runing at a pace.

Check out the online help for Litchi. Here is the page for follow.
Help - Litchi
It expressly talks about following or leading simply via the heading mode parameter.

Yea, I had a bit more success with this last night. I think the thing I was probably missing was changing the HEADING MODE from NORTH to COURSE. Once I did this it became a little more intuitive about where the bird might be since it gives you a full 360 degree circle and it specifically displays where LEAD (in front of) and LEASH (behind you) are.

I also found that apparently you can change these settings in real-time. I wasn't aware of this before and was turning off the FOLLOW to change settings. If memory serves I could move the 360 degree dial and the drone would move along with it. This allows you to fine-tune where it might sit pretty easily.

At least for me there is one major problem. I'm pretty sure this is relying on the GPS of your display to understand where you are and what to follow. I'm using a Nexus 7 II and the GPS isn't terribly accurate so if I'm standing in one spot and move forward 20 feet it doesn't move and as a result the drone doesn't move. But if I move a bit more the GPS will find me and the drone sort of has to lurch forward to correct itself. This doesn't make for a very smooth shot at close range like walking along a beach or something like that. I plan on playing with it a bit more and something tells me if the drone is at a higher altitude and the subject was moving a bit more quickly it might be a little more smooth. We'll see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20