Litchi disconnected and P4 didn't RTH????

Reaction score
On my second time using the Litchi ap I lost connection at about 2000ft. The bird did not return to home automatically or after pushing the RTH button on the remote. Luckily I was able to hop into my truck and track it down until I got signal and bring it back. Anyone else have this problem? The ap was set to RTH if disconnected. Now I am afraid to use Litchi....

On my second time using the Litchi ap I lost connection at about 2000ft. The bird did not return to home automatically or after pushing the RTH button on the remote. Luckily I was able to hop into my truck and track it down until I got signal and bring it back. Anyone else have this problem? The ap was set to RTH if disconnected. Now I am afraid to use Litchi....

Were you flying a waypoint mission? If you lost RC connection, the RTH button will not initiate as it cannot communicate.

Some info on that topic here:

Litchi Waypoint Mission -- a couple of scary experiences that have made me much more weary!

If you are flying a waypoint mission it isn't supposed to RTH when you lose contact. It completes the programmed mission. If you are out of RC range you can't send an RTH command to the bird.

I was not flying a mission. Just free flying. Any tips on what to do if this happens again?

Interesting I've never manually flown with Litchi. I use it exclusively for waypoint missions & use Go for manual flight. Message the author on the Litchi FakeBook page. He's very responsive.

I was not flying a mission. Just free flying. Any tips on what to do if this happens again?

I've gone beyond range before on litchi and had no issue. Make sure your RTH settings are set to come home if the signal is lost. Default is hover, so if you never changed that in the GO app, there's your problem.

Beware settings might be reset to Default when upgrading firmware/software. Good practice is to review them after update.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Pharm
I've gone beyond range before on litchi and had no issue. Make sure your RTH settings are set to come home if the signal is lost. Default is hover, so if you never changed that in the GO app, there's your problem.
The OP already indicated what his settings were. There has to be another explanation.

there are options for RTH with Litchi, I only use Litchi, never use the goapp ever since seeing how powerful Litchi is. Since you drove in your truck to get it, I assume it was just sitting hovering, a feature for Litchi under RTH options. I think Land,RTH and hover are the options.
if it was showing RTH , it obviously wasn't set, reset it and make sure its applied.

Interesting I've never manually flown with Litchi. I use it exclusively for waypoint missions & use Go for manual flight. Message the author on the Litchi FakeBook page. He's very responsive.
When I use Litchi I force stop the Go app. If I switch back to the Go app do I have to force stop litchi?

The AC might not have lost connection to the RC even though obviously the RC did lose connection with the AC both video and telemetry. This happened to me this weekend where I waited 4 minutes when low battery RTH kicked in. Checking flight log on tablet and AC, app says no signal, AC never showed signal loss. You might have been able to blindly bring it back closer or higher or engage RTH.

Ok I see. Even though it said "disconnected"? I understand now, I should have done the RTH on the remote lever of course...

The rth doesn't have anything to do with the app. You can fly without the app and rth will still work. You can fly with just the controller and the quad. You don't have to hook up a mobile device to fly. When you launch with just the controller it updates the home point and will return to home just like always. The app shouldn't matter. Its not the app that triggers a rth. It can but when disconnected or low battery kick in it still should come home. If not the app isn't to blame.

Reactions: Exsniperex
The rth doesn't have anything to do with the app. You can fly without the app and rth will still work. You can fly with just the controller and the quad. You don't have to hook up a mobile device to fly. When you launch with just the controller it updates the home point and will return to home just like always. The app shouldn't matter. Its not the app that triggers a rth. It can but when disconnected or low battery kick in it still should come home. If not the app isn't to blame.
When using GoApp it returns to home prefectly. When using Litchi I hit RTH button on controller and it just lands down whereever it is. So I have to bring it back manually.

Strange. I use litchi app with my phantom 4 and have flown it out a very long ways several several and several times with litchi and when I disconnect my bird comes home.
Do u have it set to land in the settings?
You can select off the menu if u want your bird to hover, land, or rth. Which are you on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20