Litchi crashing?

Reaction score
On Galaxy S7 (not edge) I'm having issues with Litchi. First I had DJI Go and Litchi installed. I uninstalled Go and left Litchi. Takes forever to load and connect. Anyone experience this also? Flew a WP mission and app crashed. I made sure it was the only thing running also. I restarted the app and my mission was not on the screen anymore but the bird was still flying the mission. I'm beginning to really dislike this app and it's way past the 2 hour refund mark. Any suggestions? This is on a P3S.

I'm still "testing" Litchi as well. My first mission went fine till the end when all of a sudden my P3S made a hairpin turn and headed for point or points unknown. The good or bad news is, if the app crashes, the bird will finish the mission. Just remember you can always take back control with the "P" switch (GPS or PANIC) and navigate home.

To be sure, I purchased a stand-alone tablet to run it. It has crashed, but not during a mission, This hobby is stressful enough without this kind of stuff to worry about. Then there are these guys who plan autonomous missions that go for miles without a hitch!

With constant firmware upgrades and newer technology, I don't know how they keep up at Litchi.

I pretty much use Litchi all the time now after giving up on the endless warnings using the the latest GO4 app. Most of my missions are quite a few klms in length that fly without issue and FPV is much more stable than with the DJI app. I switched to iOS after having to constantly reboot my Samsung device, change out cables, continually shutting down stuff running in the background that I thought had been shut down. Someone stole the Samsung device whilst I was out shopping one day and I got drunk for a week celebrating.
As for the drone heading off unexpectedly during a mission, one thing I noticed when planning missions was to make sure the last action was to add POIs as I had mistakenly added another WP without noticing and watched in horror as the drone screamed off into the distance. I still had control signal and was able to cancel the mission and bring it back, otherwise it was beyond the forest where I live, probably loss of control signal and the last action set to hover and eventually auto land and goodbye drone.

Here's a link to the 2 issues I'm having.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your first video relates to the many threads that I have read with trying to get an android device to work. Whilst I'm not an Apple fanboy, my iOS device simply works with no app crashes, rebooting,debugging, unplug the USB lead etc. I noticed you did a compass calibration as per the voice prompt, unless your location has drastically changed, I wouldn't do one, and standing on the road may not be the best place to one anyway (possibility of a high iron content?). As for the app crash during your mission, the mission is loaded onto the AC and will continue on the trip regardless, providing all your settings are correct. Rebooting it and reloading the mission from memory is a no no. You were able to monitor it in FPV which at least gives you an idea of where it is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic