Litchi changes headings before reaching waypoint?

Reaction score
I just got Litchi and am trying a few trial missions.

My goal is to fly over my fields (I am a farmer) while taking video and then just watch the video on my computer to see if I can see any problems.

Let's say waypoint 2 is 1300 feet North of wapoint 1.

Let's further way that waypoint 3 is 400 feet West of waypoint 2.

As the P3 Pro is flying between waypoint 1 and waypoint 2 it will change heading in preparation for going to wapoint 3.

How do I make it wait to change headings until it gets to waypoint 2?

Thanks

If you have "Custom" set in Headings (see page 22 in the manual), it will smoothly transition from where it was pointing at WP 1 to the direction you have set at WP 2, then transition from the direction set from WP 2 to WP 3 while flying between 2 and 3. That's the way the app is designed to work. To fool it into waiting until it gets to WP 2 to change look direction, add a new WP just, for instance, just before WP 2 and set the look direction the same as for WP 1. Then do the same for each of the other WPs.

If you have "Custom" set in Headings (see page 22 in the manual), it will smoothly transition from where it was pointing at WP 1 to the direction you have set at WP 2, then transition from the direction set from WP 2 to WP 3 while flying between 2 and 3. That's the way the app is designed to work. To fool it into waiting until it gets to WP 2 to change look direction, add a new WP just, for instance, just before WP 2 and set the look direction the same as for WP 1. Then do the same for each of the other WPs.

Sounds good, I tried your method and it worked well, thanks.

I don't have the manual. I see a PDF on their site but it says it's outdated and the online help section is the most current. Is that how I should do it?

Sounds good, I tried your method and it worked well, thanks.

I don't have the manual. I see a PDF on their site but it says it's outdated and the online help section is the most current. Is that how I should do it?
I am pretty sure you can achieve what you want to do by changing the Mission Settings/Path from Curved Turns to Straight Lines.

Also go and get mission hub on your laptop as it has a great tutorial. Plus you can do way points on your laptop and it will sync to other devices too

I am pretty sure you can achieve what you want to do by changing the Mission Settings/Path from Curved Turns to Straight Lines.

Thanks. I tried that when creating the mission with my laptop and it changed to curve path for the app on the phone when I loaded the mission. At that time I did not realize you can change it on the phone.

Someone on another forum told me they had given up on the web based version due to issues like that.

I will likely just build missions on my phone in the future. Thanks.

Also go and get mission hub on your laptop as it has a great tutorial. Plus you can do way points on your laptop and it will sync to other devices too

Thanks. I assume you're talking about an app rather than the web based part? I'll look into that.

Thanks. I assume you're talking about an app rather than the web based part? I'll look into that.
I dont want to derail this subject but I have a question about what you are doing and what you hope to achieve.

I myself created a Litchi mission over several large farm fields. I fly this same mission about once every two weeks and plan to until harvest. Objective is to create an "Overlay" combining each video which hopefully will show crop growth in accelerated time. Given I launch from public land and never actually set foot on the farm lands I have never bothered to talk to the land owners. I would like to though and maybe "kill two birds with one stone" by providing them with some of the video. So my question to you is. What exactly are you looking for when you fly over your fields?

I dont want to derail this subject but I have a question about what you are doing and what you hope to achieve.

I myself created a Litchi mission over several large farm fields. I fly this same mission about once every two weeks and plan to until harvest. Objective is to create an "Overlay" combining each video which hopefully will show crop growth in accelerated time. Given I launch from public land and never actually set foot on the farm lands I have never bothered to talk to the land owners. I would like to though and maybe "kill two birds with one stone" by providing them with some of the video. So my question to you is. What exactly are you looking for when you fly over your fields?

In this particular situation the corn is not maturing evenly due to factors that are out of my control. I was trying to get an overall perspective of the field and determine if most of the corn is tasseled. If it is there are some inputs I can apply that will hopefully increase yield but applying the inputs before tassel can reduce yields significantly.

To be honest, I'm not really sure I would ask the farmer. He really has no legal right to prevent you from taking photographs and/or video but there is about a 40 to 60 percent chance he'll be ticked even if you come to him offering him something that may be beneficial to him. I visit a farming forum on a regular basis and anytime drones come up it seems like somewhere around half of them say they'll just shoot them out of the sky if they see them. In general, even if the farmer only rents the ground, the get attached to it and seem to think they own the ground and the sky above it.

I'm not trying to rag on farmers. I am one and as a whole I think they are salt of the earth type people but they seem to be sensitive to certain subjects.

Reactions: BourgeoisSJC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj