Litchi causing disconnected with go app

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Litchi? If I connect with Litchi at start up (request permissions) and then try to switch to DJI Go app , Go app says disconnected till I restart the bird. Is this normal? What if I need to adjust settings in Go that Litchi doesn't control? My understanding was you could switch between the 2 apps.

What I do (on the very rare occasions that I would switch from one to the other) is set the phantom on a hover, unplug the usb and plug back in. Then you should be able to start the the other app. You're right though, it doesn't like being switched without unplugging the usb.

Are you making sure that each app is actually shut down (killed) before opening the other? I've found issues with the camera feed if I don't make sure to kill the first app.

I found it you press the Go App icon for a few seconds and then click 'app info' Then scroll down and click 'clear defaults'
This will stop the Go app launching when you plug in the USB port.

Reactions: Volkhard
I found it you press the Go App icon for a few seconds and then click 'app info'
This can also be accessed from the Settings. Just sharing because the above method did not work for me for some reason.

DJI-GO-Clear-Launch-Defaults.png

Are you making sure that each app is actually shut down (killed) before opening the other? I've found issues with the camera feed if I don't make sure to kill the first app.
kill it in processes not double touch back?

My understanding was we could switch back and forth freely. Guess not.

You can switch back and forth. Every time you plug in the USB cable to the controller you will be prompted for which app you want to open. I just click 'only this time' for every instance and then you will always get prompted for which app you want to open. If you select 'always' it will set the default to that app.

Reactions: JBG
...first time up with Litchi and I'm really disappointed. I set up about 10 way points circling a point in the center. Tell it to focus on the poi and it flies around the path but never focusing on the poi. I'm not really happy with its performance at all.

Last edited:
...first time up with Lithium and I'm really disappointed. I set up about 10 way points circling a point in the center. Tell it to focus on the poi and it flies around the path but never focusing on the poi. I'm not really happy with its performance at all.
It should work 100%, as long as you've assigned the poi to the relevant waypoints. I appreciate you've probably done this, but just in case .....Have you got 'waypoint defined' in the settings?

I deleted the whole mission, closed the app. I went inside made another mission. Swapped batteries and mission worked ok that time. Still an issue I guess with switching between apps. I really dont like app downtime with the bird just in the air between app changes.

Is this an issue with the Ultimate Flight App as well? typical of all the other 3rd party apps?

I deleted the whole mission, closed the app. I went inside made another mission. Swapped batteries and mission worked ok that time. Still an issue I guess with switching between apps. I really dont like app downtime with the bird just in the air between app changes.
Why would you ever take off and then switch apps, not advisable, sure you can do it but why?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thats my point. Its not safe. What do you do to make setting changes that are only available in DJI go after Im running Litchi?

What setting changes are you trying to make?

And to answer the other question I don't think there are any settings that I would need to change, but if there were, I land and then change and then take off again.

Why would you be flying and touching gain on controls and calibrating?

With that said I have no issues with changing apps mid flight, not that I want to do it, also unless I can't find my bird in the air VLOS, I am not too concerned with the app working or not as long as the rc is connected and technically if it isn't connected, rth is automatic

Changing handling characteristics. For example, my stick settings for video and pics are much different than when Im going the distance or racing around.
(Id love to be able to pre program 1 of the C buttons to change between 2 handling settings.)

Last edited:
I find that each app serves its purpose but rarely do I need to flop back-n-forth between DJIGO and Litchi.... I stay 95% of the time in Litchi and everything works just fine and dandy.... don't know where you got the expectation that you'd be able to swap back and forth while flying as simply as selecting one app or the other with no other action/step needed... Litchi/VC Tech never claims that you could... they have no control over the behavior of Android USB attachment to an app... as long as you always select the "use once" option, you technically could switch back and forth but may also have to unplug/plug the cable to force the Android OS to change the USB association...

Litchi is a great app that has seen significant enhancements and features added in only a couple of months (since the previous Firmware introduction).

I find that each app serves its purpose but rarely do I need to flop back-n-forth between DJIGO and Litchi.... I stay 95% of the time in Litchi and everything works just fine and dandy.... don't know where you got the expectation that you'd be able to swap back and forth while flying as simply as selecting one app or the other with no other action/step needed... Litchi/VC Tech never claims that you could... they have no control over the behavior of Android USB attachment to an app... as long as you always select the "use once" option, you technically could switch back and forth but may also have to unplug/plug the cable to force the Android OS to change the USB association...

Litchi is a great app that has seen significant enhancements and features added in only a couple of months (since the previous Firmware introduction).
I don't get the "use once" option. I have Litchi, DroneDeploy, and DJI Go on my Note 5. It forces me to select one of those apps but does not give me any "once" or "set as default" option. If I ever want to use a different one of my apps, I have to go into the Android App Manager and "clear defaults" from whatever the last one I used was. Just takes a second but I do wish the Android system didn't "decide" for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj