Litchi benefits for Phantom 4?

Reaction score
I know Litchi was made for older Phantoms, but is it still beneficial for the Phantom 4? What does it offer on top of DJI Go app?

And perhaps most notably, is there risk in using this? Obviously DJI isn't perfect, but for some 3rd party app to be able to control the drone - doesn't that drastically increase the risk of something going wrong/crashing?

People often use Litchi for the waypoint feature since it allows waypoint missions to be planned from the ground. If you're not into flying waypoint missions, then DJI GO is most likely a better fit for you. You can learn more about what Litchi has to offer here.

Reactions: ArZombie
People often use Litchi for the waypoint feature since it allows waypoint missions to be planned from the ground. If you're not into flying waypoint missions, then DJI GO is most likely a better fit for you. You can learn more about what Litchi has to offer here.

And missions are basically ways to automate your drone movement for precise/repeatable videos?

Reactions: Suhail78
The waypoint missions allows your Phantom to automatically fly a pre-planned route. People no doubt use those missions for a variety of purposes.

But you need to be careful using this feature and experienced pilot to avoid any risks, get used to the phantom using Dji go, then you can try Litchi

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I know Litchi was made for older Phantoms, but is it still beneficial for the Phantom 4? What does it offer on top of DJI Go app?

And perhaps most notably, is there risk in using this? Obviously DJI isn't perfect, but for some 3rd party app to be able to control the drone - doesn't that drastically increase the risk of something going wrong/crashing?

@Kaitlyn Litchi can upload a mission to the phantom and the phantom will continue/finish said mission outside of radio range, basically you can use Litchi to send your phantom to places you cant get to whilst flying manually.

@Kaitlyn Litchi can upload a mission to the phantom and the phantom will continue/finish said mission outside of radio range, basically you can use Litchi to send your phantom to places you cant get to whilst flying manually.

That's pretty interesting. This must mean that somehow the Phantom supports this natively, so how come DJI Go doesn't let you upload missions?

This must mean that somehow the Phantom supports this natively, so how come DJI Go doesn't let you upload missions?
I'm thinking DJI did it for safety reasons. If you have to fly the mission first, there is less of a chance that you'll crash into an obstacle when the mission is run.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl