Litchi App

Reaction score
Just wanted opinions on those that have used this app. Seems to be much better than Go app and adds better features.

Thx

Everybody here speaks only good things about Litchi. I have tried few waypoint missions, and i can say it works really good. Didn't yet try other options.

I have both Litchi and Autopilot (OSX only) - Litchi is far easier to learn but both are excellent apps.

Reactions: grottoli
The one thing I don't like is there is no histogram or exposure value. I run DJI Go to set that up, see what filter is most appropriate, and then switch to Litchi. I haven't explored all the modes yet, but it seems to work well.

It also doesn't record the video to your phone/tablet like DJI Go does. That is kind of a nice feature to see your shot played back instead of waiting until you get home.

Reactions: JickMagger
Actually you can preview your recorded files directly from the Phantom. Not sure about the Litchi, but you can do this through the GO app.

...I run DJI Go to set that up, see what filter is most appropriate, and then switch to Litchi...
Could you expand on this a little? Do you hold a filter over lens and watch the effect on the histogram?

Could you expand on this a little? Do you hold a filter over lens and watch the effect on the histogram?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am a big fan of Litchi, never have any issues with it, I also have the DJI Ultimate Flight app by Ken that I rarely if ever use, just don't like the interface, however with that said, he is really active in his support and he has many more features than Litchi (Histogram, Barrier walls for flights, orbit inside a mission etc) but I believe it is only for Android.

As I said, I prefer Litchi, but with Litchi spending most of their time developing for iOS, Ken and DJI UF has focused on Android and his features are really nice.

Litchi (at least on Android) has a horrible drifting problem while shooting panoramas that I was unaware of before I bought it. I was getting Litchi specifically for the automatic panorama shooting and as it stands it's essentially useless due to the drift - I feel like I wasted $20.

Litchi (at least on Android) has a horrible drifting problem while shooting panoramas that I was unaware of before I bought it. I was getting Litchi specifically for the automatic panorama shooting and as it stands it's essentially useless due to the drift - I feel like I wasted $20.
I've never had that issue. That said you're probably correct because the latest version released on the 21st specifically mentnions improvements in panoramic made. Have you updated and tried again?

Personally I've been using Litchi constantly and like it a lot. The only time I use the DJI app is to update the RC firmware.

I'm very new to the hobby and Litchi thus far has been my app of choice. I am trying to get spooled up on Autopilot which I like a lot also, but I only have WIFI only IOS products. Generally use Litchi waypoint consistently and have had no problems at all. Also used Orbit mode without a glitch.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Pretty much. And it's really the exposure value I'm looking at. DJI Go has a nice overexposure warning feature that I like. I pan around, see what it looks like. I keep going until I'm happy with it. Then I switch over to Litchi. The problem comes in to play when recording near sunset. Lighting changes quick over a shorter period of time. Can't always tell by FPV if I'm over or under exposed. I tend to fly longer with a filter that in not appropriate in this case.

I live on Lake Michigan, so sunsets are very common scenes for photographers.

Reactions: sonof40
I've been using it for a lot of flights. I don't leave home without it, lol. Except for the night shots, this is all litchi.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've never had that issue. That said you're probably correct because the latest version released on the 21st specifically mentnions improvements in panoramic made. Have you updated and tried again?

Personally I've been using Litchi constantly and like it a lot. The only time I use the DJI app is to update the RC firmware.
Yeah, I'm up-to-date. There's a bunch of threads here talking about the issue:
Google Groups

And my thread specifically:
Google Groups

My track from a panorama is attached as well. You can see the drift quite clearly.

Attachments

• SNAG-0023.png
    SNAG-0023.png
    407.9 KB · Views: 442
Anyone know if VR is coming to litchi for ios?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Litchi has been pumping out beta IOS changes at a reasonable rate IMO, so I would continue to watch for it. That said, I will ask them if they have a timetable for it.

They responded very quickly. Their response follows:
"Sorry we have no ETA for VR on iOS, we will be adding it in the future, at least it is in our plans, but we are currently working on getting Track and Focus out of the door first."

can anyone help with the install of litchi on android nexus 7 and p3 4k ? still getting a cannot connect to dji server... i know this install is not that difficult... but i need help

any advice on how i can link litchi with my nexus 7 and p3 4k. i keep getting the disconnected and cannot connect to dji server!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers