Litchi and Radio Towers

Reaction score
Did a bit of Litchi waypoint flying this weekend and didn't pay enough attention to google maps when I set up the mission. After downloading and viewing the video I saw the drone laterally missed a radio tower by 10m or so and was right at the same altitude as the tower's top beacon. It made for some dramatic albeit scary footage. Found this Google Earth extension that links into the FCC database and graphically identifies towers, gives their precise location and heights. Will be using this as a pre-flight check tool from now on.

FCCInfo - Now on Google Earth!

Does anyone know if there is a similar extension for wind turbines?

Reactions: gvsukids
He probably thinks he will be in trouble!

Did a bit of Litchi waypoint flying this weekend and didn't pay enough attention to google maps when I set up the mission. After downloading and viewing the video I saw the drone laterally missed a radio tower by 10m or so and was right at the same altitude as the tower's top beacon. It made for some dramatic albeit scary footage. Found this Google Earth extension that links into the FCC database and graphically identifies towers, gives their precise location and heights. Will be using this as a pre-flight check tool from now on.

FCCInfo - Now on Google Earth!

Does anyone know if there is a similar extension for wind turbines?

Wow nice share, so I guess the Microwave beams are its path, that could be helpful also.

Yes, that is a scary playback, thanks again.

Wow. Count your blessings there. You have a nice little break in the trees there to take off from by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj