Litchi and P4

From my experience one does not run reliably when the other one still runs in the background. The API does not allow to share the USB port by two apps reliably.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app (living near Cologne, Germany)

Re "Thomas's" comments above - I'd like to also hear experiences from others. I always start off with Go then swap to Litchi and sometimes swap back again. On the odd occasion Litchi has frozen and I'm wondering whether its because I started off with Go then switched over.

I was thinking starting off with Go and then 'exiting' the camera screen which would hopefully mean nothing was being transmitted by the Go app to the tablet USB. Hopefully someone can confirm if they can both co-exist without issues.

You can take off in the Go App and then shut it down on your mobile device, then open the Litchi App so only one is ever running at a time. I've taken off, hovered and shut down the Go App then opened Litchi and everything works fine. Once I was done with Litchi I hovered, shut it down and then opened the Go App again. It is recommended to not have two Apps running simultaneously.

I'm in the IT business and have some experience writing apps as well. From this point of view I'd not leave one of these apps run in the background as long as the other one is active. On iOS and Android it's just a matter of some seconds to switch. I think it's really worth the security you get from avoiding any conflict between the two apps.

But why don't you ask Litchi's service?

There's no need to run the DJI App along with Litchi . Even if you choose not to do waypoint flying, you can still take off, fly and use the camera with Litchi just as you can with the DJI Go app. The interface is quite similar.

Reactions: maseman88
New Hi all, I heard that apparently Litchi is working with the iPad 2 and the P4 ... any idea on how to setup the iPad 2.
I have downloaded Litchi on my iPad 2, still struggling to get the controller Connected ... Steps taken: 1. Controller on, P4 on, iPad 2 plugged into Controller ... Open Litchi and "Disconnected" ... 2. P4 on, Controller on, iPad 2 plugged into Controller ... Open Litchi and "Disconnected" ... 3. Same combination as 1 and 2 with iPad 2 plugged into Controller ... Still "Disconnected"
It seems I need to setup the iPad 2 Developer Tools for USB Devices and allow the P4 to use it ... Any advice?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie