Litchi and Obstacle Avoidance

Reaction score
Does obstacle avoidance work when in a Litchi Waypoint mission if it's turned on and if so what happens if obstacle is encountered?

Reactions: Junebug
Thats a good question indeed, i guess the lack of crashes suggests it works or people havent considered that and have been lucky/careful in their planning, who is gonna try it? :p

I'd guess it doesn't work on my P3A.... (a bit of humor)

I'm curious too but don't own a P4. I'll speculate that it does since Litchi uses DJI's SDK software. Scroll down to sensors on the developer's page:

DJI Developer

SB

Path finding around a obstacle would be nice. All you have to do is just draw a path in to a building, set the cruise speed to slow, and see what happens. I would try myself if I had a P4 or Mavic.

The answer, in my opinion is NO, it does not. In spite of what Litchi says on their Facebook page, I have experienced two crashes (and the only crashes I have had). Both using the Litchi app and with two different drones. The first, a Phantom 4, the second one, Phantom 4 Pro. If you use the Litchi waypoint mission hub, you had better make sure it is 110 % accurate. This includes altitude. The last crash I had involved mistakenly entering an altitude too low and a tree in the line of travel caught my Phantom 4 Pro causing it to tumble to the earth. Had the obsitcle avoidence been working (yes it was enabled) the drone would have hovered until it found a way to go over or around it. The tree was large enough and thick enough for the system to detect. I like the Litchi app but use at your own risk. DJI warranty will not cover this. They deny warranty when using 3rd party apps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik