Litchi and lost signal while on mission, what to do?

Reaction score
Flew a mission today where I lost connection, It completed succesfully but the Litchi app closed while signal was lost and had to restart it. Regained connection when it cleared the obstacles but map did not show the waypoints anymore, Should I have opened the mission again? Also after viewing the video the POIs after reconnection did not seem to be functioning. The HD flight log recorded this as two seperate flights , and no flight data was recorded while signal was lost. ...Is this unusuall and what should I have done after regaining signal? Thanks
https://flylitchi.com/hub?m=7xCloyVDjU#
Lost connection at waypoint 9 regained at just after waypoint 10
HD logs :
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=KsziSW
http://healthydrones.com/main?share=haKovm
Video : https://vimeo.com/165761565
Litchi iOS app and all the latest firmware and upgrades onP3A

I observed the same behavior when I lost the connection. Litchi will definitely miss the logs during crashed duration. Phantom .dat logs will have the complete information.

I never restarted mission though made Litchi up as I am not familiar with crashed situation. Let Litchi expert answer this question for benefit of all of us.

Flew a mission today where I lost connection, It completed succesfully but the Litchi app closed while signal was lost and had to restart it. Regained connection when it cleared the obstacles but map did not show the waypoints anymore, Should I have opened the mission again? Also after viewing the video the POIs after reconnection did not seem to be functioning. The HD flight log recorded this as two seperate flights , and no flight data was recorded while signal was lost. ...Is this unusual and what should I have done after regaining signal?
Yes, this is usual.
When you program a waypoint mission, the app uploads the mission instructions to the Phantom before the flight so that the Phantom can do the whole mission.
There's no other way that would work if you want to be able to program a mission that goes behind obstacles.
The reason that there is no flight log recorded for the out of sight part of the mission is because you have to have contact between the Phantom and the app to be able to record anything - out of contact = no way to record.
So when you are investigating the "dark side of the moon" that's what will happen.
''I'm guessing that if you had just left the app running, you probably would have regained contact and been able to observe the Phantom's progress on the mission plan.

Yes, this is usual.
When you program a waypoint mission, the app uploads the mission instructions to the Phantom before the flight so that the Phantom can do the whole mission.
There's no other way that would work if you want to be able to program a mission that goes behind obstacles.
The reason that there is no flight log recorded for the out of sight part of the mission is because you have to have contact between the Phantom and the app to be able to record anything - out of contact = no way to record.
So when you are investigating the "dark side of the moon" that's what will happen.
''I'm guessing that if you had just left the app running, you probably would have regained contact and been able to observe the Phantom's progress on the mission plan.
Thanks Meta4 I was never worried that the mission would not complete had full faith in Litchi, when it lost signal all was good remained calm and waited for signal to recover, but no progress was shown on screen . After a few seconds of no signal the app closed on its own. When I launched the app again it regained signal but the waypoints were not showing on the app so I did not quite know what the progress was or where it was at in the mission. Was wondering if I had reloaded the mission if it would have shown where it was or if it would have caused a problem. I normally try not to fly where I am worried about losing signal, but I have been trying to fly this route since I got the phantom and Litchi is the only way I have successfully flown this route and not have had to use the RTH function as I do when trying with the go app. I have a few more flights that I would like to do and where there may be a chance I will end up losing the signal again and was just wondering what would happen if I do reload the mission on the app if it closes again.

Reactions: danfo
At least you're set with the mission completing. It's focus and orbit mode that I worry about at this point. In those modes, lose signal and you have a problem. I'm impatiently awaiting dji to fix their **** sdk, already.

At least you're set with the mission completing. It's focus and orbit mode that I worry about at this point. In those modes, lose signal and you have a problem. I'm impatiently awaiting dji to fix their **** sdk, already.
I was wondering about this. Are you saying if I lose signal on an orbit mission it won't return home???

It's my understanding that like the dji app, with litchi it will continue to orbit and land where it is when critical low battery is reached. This is why it's imperative that some point of your orbit is near enough to your location to ensure that at some point every for every rotation you have signal.

Hi all,

One time I used Litchi and made a way point, in the mission I lost signal when got connection again I saw my drone was stopped in the air and I could not move it anywhere. I had to close up Litchi and use DJI app to move it back. Any body had this issue before? Thanks

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1