Litchi and Go co-existing

Reaction score
I've been re-considering giving Litchi a try but was wondering if the co-existing issue had been resolved. It's been awhile since I've read anything on it and threads here on the subjest appear a bit dated.

P3A 1.10.90
Air 2 iOS 10.3

Anyone with the same gear and FW/OS running Litchi? Issues or any comments of note?

TIA

USB connections work on one-on-one port, two apps can't share one port of RC. Thus Litchi and Go app can't work on the same USB port simultaneously

I've been re-considering giving Litchi a try but was wondering if the co-existing issue had been resolved. It's been awhile since I've read anything on it and threads here on the subject appear a bit dated
There's no problem.
You can have both apps on your tablet but only run one at a time.

Reactions: Yarome
Thus Litchi and Go app can't work on the same USB port simultaneously

Of course. ;) I wasn't referring to running both apps at the same time. I was referring to having both apps on the same system and being able to use one or the other without having to uninstall/reinstall them. Not too long ago there were some real issues with them not being able to play well together. Using Litchi would defunct GO and require you to uninstall them both and then reinstall GO (and vice versa) if you wanted to switch between apps.

Not on all setups, but it was enough of a prevalent issue that it scared many (me included) from attempting to trial it.

Good enough for me. I think I'll risk the 20 bones then. ;)

Much appreciated, folks!

Works perfectly on Ipad2, doesnt work of my Android mobile phone. Had to uninstall DJI Go in order to be able to connect with Litchi.

Nvidia shield: Works great. I do use a task killer when switching, which is almost never... I LOVE Litchi.

I use both on my iPad Air 2 all the time, you can even switch mid flight. Prior to using the iPad I was using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. For some reason they don't always play well together on Samsung tablets.

I use both on my iPad Air 2 all the time, you can even switch mid flight.

Done deal now.. and whatayaknow! Not even a burp flipping between apps mid flight. Very NICE! I don't plan on making it a habit, but GOOD to know they're solid now!

Appreciate it!

When you all say you are flipping between the apps, do you mean that you shut down one app and open the other one, or are both open and you switch between them in the background?

I'm on an iPad Pro and have plenty of firepower to do that, just heard that running both at the same time is a no-no.

When you all say you are flipping between the apps, do you mean that you shut down one app and open the other one, or are both open and you switch between them in the background?

I'm on an iPad Pro and have plenty of firepower to do that, just heard that running both at the same time is a no-no.
I have had no problems running both of them at the same time on my iPad Air 2. Obviously don't switch back to DJI Go well you are doing an autonomous Mission in Litchi.

...do you mean that you shut down one app and open the other one, or are both open and you switch between them in the background?.

If you read the thread then you know I am a complete novice with Litchi and probably not qualified to respond, but I had them both running in the background to each other.. accidentaly. The first time I shut down Go before initializing Litchi, but in my excitement I fogot to shut down Litchi before going back to Go mid-flight. It remained running in the background.

It's probably not the best idea in the world, but I guess it IS possible. I won't be doing it again since I have no idea what would happen with conflicting parameters but nothing adverse happened in my 11 minute trial flight and didn't realize my mistake until after the fact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20