Litchi and DJI Go

Reaction score
I'm still quite new to all this. Racked up about 25 flights, some short, some long. Was using my precious Air2 for the Phantom, which as everyone knows is perhaps the best all round solution. However, it's the 'house tablet' with a ton of everyone else's stuff on it and I came to thinking I'll get a cheap dedicated android tablet purely for the Phantom. So I did.
Got a Asus Memo Pad 8 (perfectly fine by the way, with anti glare strips applied though obviously not as nice as the Air 2, much lighter though).
I then got seduced by Litchi, so I bought it, downloaded and will never go back. With a low to mid range tablet there is simply no comparison in my opinion and the waypoints/point of interest functionality is simply brilliant.
DJI GO is prettier, but to me it's all fur coat and no nickers - looks slick, but the actual functionality leaves a bit to be desired compared to Litchi.
Litchi has been as solid as a rock, no video dropouts, no glitches (bear in mind that my tablet will not work with hw encoding, only software ) and tons more freedom to explore the potential of the Phantom, as long as you're careful.
Just wondering what other people's experience is like, with both programs?

I'm still quite new to all this. Racked up about 25 flights, some short, some long. Was using my precious Air2 for the Phantom, which as everyone knows is perhaps the best all round solution. However, it's the 'house tablet' with a ton of everyone else's stuff on it and I came to thinking I'll get a cheap dedicated android tablet purely for the Phantom. So I did.
Got a Asus Memo Pad 8 (perfectly fine by the way, with anti glare strips applied though obviously not as nice as the Air 2, much lighter though).
I then got seduced by Litchi, so I bought it, downloaded and will never go back. With a low to mid range tablet there is simply no comparison in my opinion and the waypoints/point of interest functionality is simply brilliant.
DJI GO is prettier, but to me it's all fur coat and no nickers - looks slick, but the actual functionality leaves a bit to be desired compared to Litchi.
Litchi has been as solid as a rock, no video dropouts, no glitches (bear in mind that my tablet will not work with hw encoding, only software ) and tons more freedom to explore the potential of the Phantom, as long as you're careful.
Just wondering what other people's experience is like, with both programs?
I have been confused about the hardware decoding settings. Is it better with software applied versus hardware?

No, it is better with hardware decoding if your device supports it.
My problem is I use a Galaxy S5, Ipad mini 2 and a cheapo Lenovo tablet. All have some minor issues but I haven't used just one with an ideal set-up yet. Still testing. Of course flying a P2v+ and a P3a on and off..my brain gets whacked from aircraft to aircraft and software to software.. I've been flying with Litchi and it has a bunch of things I really like, especially the waypoints. At any rate, enjoying ALL things with flying Phantoms. Only problems I have encountered is pilot error! Thank you for your responses.. Al T

My problem is I use a Galaxy S5, Ipad mini 2 and a cheapo Lenovo tablet. All have some minor issues but I haven't used just one with an ideal set-up yet. Still testing. Of course flying a P2v+ and a P3a on and off..my brain gets whacked from aircraft to aircraft and software to software.. I've been flying with Litchi and it has a bunch of things I really like, especially the waypoints. At any rate, enjoying ALL things with flying Phantoms. Only problems I have encountered is pilot error! Thank you for your responses.. Al T
I agree with you, these things are amazing.
Just to qualify my op, the Memo Pad is far from perfect, but to be honest, it hasn't crashed once, I can see what's going on screen, and I'm not hugely bothered about the quality of the fpv feed, as long as I can see whether I'm going to hit a tree or not!. I've got it set at @ 8mbs and it doesn't miss a beat.

I'm still deliberating if it's justifiable to try Litchi as it costs almost $20. o_O

It's worth it for the waypoints and point of interest functionality alone in my opinion. In the past couple of days though, I've gravitated back to Go for manual flying ( yes I know that's a contradiction to an earlier post, but I'm allowed to change my mind) as there's no denying that the map function is better. If you can stretch to it, have both as they are very different.

I'm still deliberating if it's justifiable to try Litchi as it costs almost $20. o_O

You spent $1200 for the P3 and your worried about spending the $20 on a far superior app than the free DJIGo?

I say superior app, not because of the features and performance mentioned above, but that the developer is very quick to answer any question, take suggestions for future releases and immediately fix any issues. I use Litchi exclusively to fly, I currently still have to use DJIGo to change camera exposure settings, but I don't fly with it.

I use Litchi with an nvidia shield tablet, very nice combo. Litchi is my P3P go-to app, I don't use Go at all any more. Also, so cheap to buy! :)

Focus mode is the shitz. Makes your shot look like an inspire with 2 controllers.

Follow me has both heading and north mode in litchi. Whereas go seems cumbersome with follow.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20