Litchi and almost fly-away

Reaction score
First time with Litchi today and almost a fly away with a loaded mission.

I started the bird with the Go app as I have read.Then opened Litchi and when saw that everything was ok,I closed Go and loaded the mission.I had set a safe altitude at 30m.The bird went up at about 10m and then disconnected from the app and went away.I totally lost control.
Crashed into a tree and thankfully got away with minor scratches.It didnt even kept the flight log.
Here is the mission too.
I really dont know what went wrong but I honestly just lost my confidence with this app.

Mission Hub - Litchi

I finally got around to playing with Litchi and have flown several flights. Works great except it appears the camera-tilt for POIs only works if you maintain RC contact with the aircraft. Otherwise it is awesome. Been using a Phantom 3 Standard I purchased specifically for autonomous flights so as not to place the P4, P3 Pro, or P3 Advanced at risk. Even discovered if the battery gets low during a mission it bails & comes home. Very cool!

I gave it another try near my house.This time I only calibrated with Go and did not take off.
Then closed the app,opened Litchi and set a small mission.Everything was ok.The thing I cant understand is why the bird disconnected the first time.

Also I didnt find auto-take off and RTH in Litchi app.

I finally got around to playing with Litchi and have flown several flights. Works great except it appears the camera-tilt for POIs only works if you maintain RC contact with the aircraft. Otherwise it is awesome. Been using a Phantom 3 Standard I purchased specifically for autonomous flights so as not to place the P4, P3 Pro, or P3 Advanced at risk. Even discovered if the battery gets low during a mission it bails & comes home. Very cool!

Not to hijack the post but.... Did the drone know when to come back and land at the home point or did it turn around at 30% battery?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I really don't think your supposed to start bird with the go app then switch to litchi. That's a problem waiting to happen. You can't have them both going at the same time and you need to not close but force close the one your not using. I have 150 flights and I haven't had 1 problem like that. If you have a android you can use a app called shut app to close everything then open up only 1 app to fly.

Reactions: Squirrel!
I fly with an IPhone 6 Plus.I force closed the app from the phone.So I was mistaken that I thought I had to open the Go first.

I did not find auto take off and RTH in litchi though or the compass calibration.I should check the app better...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

For every flight save one the Phantom followed the Litchi route precisely. On the one, I had programmed a mission nearly 43,000' long. :eek: The Phantom followed the flight plan until at some point it must have known the battery was getting low, abandoned the mission, & performed an RTH. Thankfully it climbed to my RTH altitude. She got back with 22% battery remaining. It was on the homeward leg of the mission & would have made it, but it's nice to know it will bail & head home if need be.

Not to hijack the post but.... Did the drone know when to come back and land at the home point or did it turn around at 30% battery?

I'm confused why are you running Go if you are flying with Litchi? These are stand-alone flight apps & I don't think it is advisable to run both concurrently or to pop between one & the other during a flight.

I gave it another try near my house.This time I only calibrated with Go and did not take off.
Then closed the app,opened Litchi and set a small mission.Everything was ok.The thing I cant understand is why the bird disconnected the first time.

Also I didnt find auto-take off and RTH in Litchi app.

First time with Litchi today and almost a fly away with a loaded mission.

I started the bird with the Go app as I have read.Then opened Litchi and when saw that everything was ok,I closed Go and loaded the mission.I had set a safe altitude at 30m.The bird went up at about 10m and then disconnected from the app and went away.I totally lost control.
Crashed into a tree and thankfully got away with minor scratches.It didnt even kept the flight log.
Here is the mission too.
I really dont know what went wrong but I honestly just lost my confidence with this app.

Mission Hub - Litchi
Don't ever recall reading to start with the GO app when using Litchi. Ya got it backwards, my friend. DO NOT run GO and Litchi together. ALWAYS be certain GO is shut down 100% WITHOUT FAIL or you will get results that you did.

From here on out, start and end with Litchi, don't be switching apps.

I've flown about 20 missions with Litchi and I have never stated a flight by first opening the Go app. Remember to set your RTH in the Litchi app, confirm your home location and go for it.

Atlanta, GA

How do you get all the flight data from a Litchi Mission that goes beyond the RC signal? My last mission uploaded to HD but only recorded from take off to RC signal loss, then picks up when the bird came back within RC range.

Don't ever recall reading to start with the GO app when using Litchi. Ya got it backwards, my friend. DO NOT run GO and Litchi together. ALWAYS be certain GO is shut down 100% WITHOUT FAIL or you will get results that you did.

From here on out, start and end with Litchi, don't be switching apps.

People open GO first to check the birds sensor values and make sure everything is good to go. Litchi can't give you the compass values, etc. Also, to change (if needed) camera settings. (Litchi for iOS).

I personally have never just turned on my bird and flew only using Litchi. I alway check GO, close it/kill it, then open Litchi, start the motors and so my thing.

So the wrong move is that I took off with Go and then forced closed it while the bird was in the air and started the mission.

This resulted in a total mess with the bird.

How do you get all the flight data from a Litchi Mission that goes beyond the RC signal? My last mission uploaded to HD but only recorded from take off to RC signal loss, then picks up when the bird came back within RC range.

That is how it works. The camera still records the entirety though.

People open GO first to check the birds sensor values and make sure everything is good to go. Litchi can't give you the compass values, etc. Also, to change (if needed) camera settings. (Litchi for iOS).

I personally have never just turned on my bird and flew only using Litchi. I alway check GO, close it/kill it, then open Litchi, start the motors and so my thing.

That is not necessary to do as the same info is on Litchi, including being able to calibrate the compass. Litchi can change the camera values as well (android).

When using Litchi, all I do is turn Litchi on. I can check any/all values needed for the flight. GO has nothing to do with it.

So the wrong move is that I took off with Go and then forced closed it while the bird was in the air and started the mission.

This resulted in a total mess with the bird.
No...You are contradicting yourself. You claimed (in the bold quote of yours I replied to) you had GO running, started Litchi, and only after making the assumption all was well, you closed the GO app leaving Litchi running. You can't do that. Had you done what you claim this time, there likely wouldn't have been an issue.

Just going to throw this out there, I use both apps all the time and never have an issue. Not condoning the behavior or saying any of you are wrong but just dont think this was the cause of his problem. For some reason for landing I trust the go app a little more, I also like its battery meter more as well, that is why I use both. I take off with go shut it off and then open litchi.

Reactions: stavrossid
That is not necessary to do as the same info is on Litchi, including being able to calibrate the compass. Litchi can change the camera values as well (android).

When using Litchi, all I do is turn Litchi on. I can check any/all values needed for the flight. GO has nothing to do with it.
How/where in Litchi do you calibrate the compass? I haven't found it.

How/where in Litchi do you calibrate the compass? I haven't found it.

DSCN9106.JPG

Reactions: stavrossid
No...You are contradicting yourself. You claimed (in the bold quote of yours I replied to) you had GO running, started Litchi, and only after making the assumption all was well, you closed the GO app leaving Litchi running. You can't do that. Had you done what you claim this time, there likely wouldn't have been an issue.

I didnt write it correctly.I opened Go,calibrated and auto took off.Then I shut it down letting the phantom hovering and then opened Litchi and loaded the mission.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20