Litchi almost killed my P3!! (Waypoints is dangerous)

Reaction score
Hey i had an very scary and unacceptable flying experience today! So i made this 6000 m route.
3be1379e5281eba5c7103a70a101c30b.jpg

I trusted it to go with no problem cause i just watched a video who flew the P3 Pro 13 km(Total) He flew 6.5 Km out, and i had 6.8 km in total and he came back with 15%. The litchi app said that it will take 10 min in total. So i didnt worry. So i set it on its mission. I walked inside as my friend was inside. We walked out at '':27 as it started the mission at "":19. And expected it to come back at "":29. But er saw nothing and no buzzing. I simply thought it was a little bit late. But at "" :40 i was very scared and lost hope. It was 10 min to late!! Finally i heard buzzing and i saw the drone!!! I was so happy ! Just one problem... Litchi sucks when it comes to video range. So i still didnt see the battery life. But it stopped a totally other spot than the last waypoint. I tried to get it back as it was landing. My heart even started hurting and i stressed. When i moved my stick to right (The way to get it towards me) But it just was descending faster when i did that. I had lost orientation but i finally made it point at me. I made it fly to me, I saw that it had bad battery as both back and front LEDS was flashing red. I took over and flew it fast down myself. I hand catched it but the video signal still haven't come back !! When finally inside the video signal came and i had 10%!!! I dont have a good feeling for the app anymore, it almost made my 600$ Phantom 3 Standard crash.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No offense,but not the app to blame. If you didnt leave your drone un-attended and go inside you would have seen it lose signal and you could have returned home with plenty of battery.

No offense,but not the app to blame. If you didnt leave your drone un-attended and go inside you would have seen it lose signal and you could have returned home with plenty of battery.

The P3s dosent have enaughf range, specially in litchi i only Get signal up to 100 meters, and its supposed to go the route without signal. So yes it is the app to blame specially that it says that it will take 10 min!

Hey i had an very scary and unacceptable flying experience today! So i made this 6000 m route.
3be1379e5281eba5c7103a70a101c30b.jpg

I trusted it to go with no problem cause i just watched a video who flew the P3 Pro 13 km(Total) He flew 6.5 Km out, and i had 6.8 km in total and he came back with 15%. The litchi app said that it will take 10 min in total. So i didnt worry. So i set it on its mission. I walked inside as my friend was inside. We walked out at '':27 as it started the mission at "":19. And expected it to come back at "":29. But er saw nothing and no buzzing. I simply thought it was a little bit late. But at "" :40 i was very scared and lost hope. It was 10 min to late!! Finally i heard buzzing and i saw the drone!!! I was so happy ! Just one problem... Litchi sucks when it comes to video range. So i still didnt see the battery life. But it stopped a totally other spot than the last waypoint. I tried to get it back as it was landing. My heart even started hurting and i stressed. When i moved my stick to right (The way to get it towards me) But it just was descending faster when i did that. I had lost orientation but i finally made it point at me. I made it fly to me, I saw that it had bad battery as both back and front LEDS was flashing red. I took over and flew it fast down myself. I hand catched it but the video signal still haven't come back !! When finally inside the video signal came and i had 10%!!! I dont have a good feeling for the app anymore, it almost made my 600$ Phantom 3 Standard crash.

Have over 90 missions with FPV Camara, most of them long range, without a single glitch. Use it also for all manual flying as I prefer the way flight info is displayed and the superb Flight Logs.

I think until we see the flight logs it is hard to tell if the app is responsible for this. Always need to take into consideration wind conditions and battery strength and condition at time of take off. Post your flight logs.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Litchi works just fine but it's up to you as the pilot programming the mission to verify all of the parameters. Sounds to me like you had your mission flying at a slow speed & that's why it took longer than you expected. Here is a 38,200' mission flown with a P3 Standard. Returns with 30% battery.

Reactions: ecochannel
I think until we see the flight logs it is hard to tell if the app is responsible for this. Always need to take into consideration wind conditions and battery strength and condition at time of take off. Post your flight logs.

How do i find the flight logs ?

Litchi works just fine but it's up to you as the pilot programming the mission to verify all of the parameters. Sounds to me like you had your mission flying at a slow speed & that's why it took longer than you expected. Here is a 38,200' mission flown with a P3 Standard. Returns with 30% battery.

Mine Even tried to land 40 meters away, and my speed was set to 54km/h on every waypoint, but i now checked the square icon With an settings logo in it and it said "missions" at the top and it Alsohad cruising speed set to only 22km/h. But when the mission didnt had any speed adjustment it said to do it in 22 m... So i switched everything to 54km/h and then it decreased to 10 min.

Posted 3 different times and asked in all 3 threads to post his logs.
Have yet to see one...

Flight logs will tell all...one item to note though you willfully violated the rules set forth by the FAA that you must keep your UAV in line of sight at all times and also by walking away and doing something else was a ******* move anyway... I would be careful about how you post stuff and admit your violations as I have been told by a FSDO friend the FAA has people that troll these sites.

Thanks for reminding everyone about the rules... :rolleyes:

Flight logs will tell all...one item to note though you willfully violated the rules set forth by the FAA that you must keep your UAV in line of sight at all times and also by walking away and doing something else was a ******* move anyway... I would be careful about how you post stuff and admit your violations as I have been told by a FSDO friend the FAA has people that troll these sites.

That is absolutely amazing! Beautiful video!

The bird flew that route on it's own with no connection to the controller or video feed?

Thank you. Yes it was completely autonomous from lift off until returning. Only the landing was manual, though you can program it to land also. The bird was the Phantom 3 Standard "Miss Ruby."

That is absolutely amazing! Beautiful video!

The bird flew that route on it's own with no connection to the controller or video feed?

The P3s dosent have enaughf range, specially in litchi i only Get signal up to 100 meters, and its supposed to go the route without signal. So yes it is the app to blame specially that it says that it will take 10 min!

If you are only getting 100 meters you have a problem with interference or a problem with your drone/controller.
Litchi does not know the wind conditions prior to flight.
Litchi waypoint speeds need to be in range with the rc to work.

Reactions: MasterBlaster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj