Litchi - 360 panos

Reaction score
Anyone worked with 360 panos and litchi yet? I tried with both photoshop and auto pano giga and wasn't pleased with the results it was way askew. Anyone have some pointers will try and post my pic in bit.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yeah I have. I downloaded some free PC software... 360pano or something like that. Or was super easy and worked well.

Anyone worked with 360 panos and litchi yet? I tried with both photoshop and auto pano giga and wasn't pleased with the results it was way askew. Anyone have some pointers will try and post my pic in bit.

I've had some pretty solid results using the Litchi pano setting.. I use 12 photos wide by 3 rows.. I've used auto-pano-pro and Googles Nik tools..

Photos from posts

Photos from posts

Photos from posts

d2Vnhx8.jpg

Nice pano jonebk12! I will check that app out and try again. How many photos per row did you shoot?

Thanks! The default 8 photos per row, 3 rows. And I misspelled the program, it's Hugin. It seems like a pretty powerful program, even though it's free. Not the most user friendly, but once you play around with it for a bit you should get the hang of it. On another pano I did in a different area, Hugin told me the fit was bad and I had movement/parallax errors. However, it still put together the panorama and the errors in the result were hardly noticeable. I also recommend that website for hosting/viewing the end result.

I've done a few.
8 x 3 rows. Auto Pano Giga. Cropped to 360x180 degrees. Rendered to 8000x4000. Copied and flipped the sky. Uploaded to Google Streets (android app).

Results.
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps
Google Maps

Shooting panos manually is an option. It's really not hard. Why all of the fuss over pano apps?

This is one I did tonight. 3 Rows by 16 Photos, shot with Litchi, Processed with AutoPano Giga. I need some help with the settings and a decent viewer or place to upload so can be seen correcty. I have tried FSPViewer and it turns out all tweaked and askew. But I am thinking that's my processing settings??? Anyone have experience with autopano GIGa and 360 panos that can chime in for me.

Seems my horizon is always WARPED too much in the center????

Attachments

• [Group 0]-DJI_0172_DJI_0223-49 images-cropped.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 967
Last edited:
Shooting panos manually is an option. It's really not hard. Why all of the fuss over pano apps?

Agreed its not really hard at all (acquiring the images manually). The OP has specifically asked about the litchi pano option though. I guess thats the way he wants to do it.

For 360 Panos i have found ptgui to be the most reliable and fastest to stitch with very pleasing results.

Set your camera to manual and determine the exposure from the brightest part if the scene. Things can look more than a little off if shot in auto with greatly varying exposures.

Edit out any props visible in source images before stitching.

You can also easily do six image panos in litchi (2 rows of three) using waypoint actions. These give plenty of pixels for nice large prints.

Maybe some people want to discuss their results of the stitching sofware with people who have used them before without having to evaluate ALL of them ??? Anyone, like yourself, can go out and shoot the pictures. It's what they look like when you're done that counts. Let's see some of yours?

Last edited:
This is one I did tonight. 3 Rows by 16 Photos, shot with Litchi, Processed with AutoPano Giga. I need some help with the settings and a decent viewer or place to upload so can be seen correcty. I have tried FSPViewer and it turns out all tweaked and askew. But I am thinking that's my processing settings??? Anyone have experience with autopano GIGa and 360 panos that can chime in for me.

Seems my horizon is always WARPED too much in the center????
Edit the image and look for crop setting. Click EDIT > CROP > CLick the FULL SPHERE 360x180 button. The horizon should be in the centre.
Render to 8000x4000 and use google streets on your mobile to upload 360's.

Getting much better results now thanks to everyone's suggestions! Wish I could post them here but unfortunately closed job sites.

Next Question what's the best way to patch the WHOLE in the sky??? I have Photoshop just trying to figure out best way to fill it in.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20