Lipo Battery Voltage Tester / Low Voltage Alarm Question

Reaction score
Mailman just dropped off my lipo battery voltage tester. If you don't know what it is, it's a great little unit that has a super bright red led readout that will display the overall voltage of the battery, and each cells voltage individually. You simply plug your balancing cable into it and you're set.

What I like most about it is you've got the ability to set an alarm. If any cell falls below a certain threshold a buzzer starts screaming!

My question here is - what value should I set this thing to so the alarm goes off. My options are as low as 2.7 all the way up to 3.8.

I made a video of it so you can see it in action.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCwUXi71b8[/youtube]

If your voltages in the NAZA are set right, you can just take the value in the 1st-level final warning and divide that by three...set your new buzzer to that and it'll go off around the same time the LED on the Phantom starts alerting you. If you don't want to hear it quite that soon before forced landing kicks in, drop it .1v or so till you get your own optimal timing for it.

I have a few of those and they are great for standard hobby lipos that my other RC Heli's, quads & vehicles use. No use on the p2 unfortunately. You can get those pretty cheap if you look around.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers