Lipo battery 5000mAh - 4S, 30c

Reaction score
I have a Lipo battery 5000mAh - 4S, 30c unable to charge with my SKYRC B6 mini due to low voltage, how can I save this battery please?? thank you

This battery is for my DJI F550

Check the voltages on each cell and report your results.

There are methods to bring the pack to a level that will allow charging, but it depends on how the balance between cells is to determine the best method.

Thank you for your response appreciate it, below as requested

Cell 1 - 3.43v
Cell 2 - 0.00v
CEll 3 - 3.67v
Cell 4 - 3.77v

If cell 2 really is showing 0.0 volts then unfortunately in my opinion that cell will never take charge. If all the wires are connected properly then cell 2 is dead. Lipo cells become damaged, as in they won't hold full charge anymore if they drop below about 3.3/3.2 volts.

If cell 2 really is showing 0.0 volts then unfortunately in my opinion that cell will never take charge. If all the wires are connected properly then cell 2 is dead. Lipo cells become damaged, as in they won't hold full charge anymore if they drop below about 3.3/3.2 volts.
Thank you for you response, I was afraid that most likely would be the case:mad:

Thank you for your response appreciate it, below as requested

Cell 1 - 3.43v
Cell 2 - 0.00v
CEll 3 - 3.67v
Cell 4 - 3.77v
If your total voltage from the man leads is close to the sum of these voltages, then I would agree with the assessment of @Andyfalc .

You can try charging cell 2 through the balancing connector using a modified USB cable like in this post Battery blinking blue light until it gets to about 3.4V. Then try balance charging the pack.

If you can get it to charge that way, don’t use it as a flight battery as it would not likely hold up well under load conditions. Only use it for ground operations.

Reactions: CKUK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic