Linking Problem

Reaction score
I need to check my compass after relocating it on carbon fiber legs. Had a fly-off because of this, got it going again did the dance and it will not hold a stable position. When I go to the NAZA MV2 program it won't recognize or do anything. If I go to the other site for controller/stick calibration, it works fine. Any ideas?

Make sure your connections at compass and in lid are tight. Almost sounds like GPS cable is off.

How is the compass mounted on those carbon fiber legs? Is the flat side perpendicular to the ground, and parallel to the front-rear orientation of the Phantom? Mounting the compass differently than the stock orientation can cause all sorts of weird flight behavior.

My guess is that your PC or Phantom assistant software aren't seeing the Phantom when you connect it. Did you also install the standard WIN Driver from DJI's download page?

EMC is right and you'll want to check your GPS and compass cable connections as well, it could just be something that simple

Connection on the leg look alright. I mounted the compass at the same angle(facing in) and about the same height. I've downloaded all the drivers, Not sure if the copter is supposed to respond with lights or sound. Computer responds when unit powers up and USB cable is plugged in. Still no response with the NAZA MV2 site.
Correction, I mounted the compass on the other side(leg)

bgb1996 said:
Connection on the leg look alright. I mounted the compass at the same angle(facing in) and about the same height. I've downloaded all the drivers, Not sure if the copter is supposed to respond with lights or sound. Computer responds when unit powers up and USB cable is plugged in. Still no response with the NAZA MV2 site.
Correction, I mounted the compass on the other side(leg)

can you make these retractable meaning set a ch on my remote and have them go up with a servo or worm drive ? also ...how much dose this weigh ? how much of a decrease have you gotten in Battery light vs stock landing gear ?

I thought they would be lighter, but they are a couple of grams heaver. They are stronger and more stable. I leave the fittings loose and add super glue to keep them together, that way if you do land hard the legs will give. It would be more trouble than it's worth to make them retractable. :idea:

Your compass mounting on the CF leg is not just like it was on the stock leg...it's sitting at about a 30deg angle from vertical. Mount it again so it sits just like it did on the original landing gear, with the flat side perpendicular to the ground, then recalibrate the compass and test-fly again.

I have the similar landing gear on one of mine. When I first moved compass to new gear I had all kinds of adventure because of compass location. What I did, was cut old land gear leg install compass on that and installed leg in original corner. I'll get pics if you need them.

I changed the angle of my compass and finally got my Phantom calibrated but it still drifts when taking off and will not hold a stable hover with the sticks centered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik