link remote to AC without app?

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Let me try this a different way. I have a P3 4k AC that won't link to the remote. Is there a way to do this without tha App? When i try to link it never links. But when I turn the AC off and back on the light is green indicating that it is linked and I have camera view but nothing else. The remote light is still red indicating it is not linked. The AC is updated to the latest firmware but I don't know how to update the remote and it doesn't indicate we need an update. Do I have a bad remote?

Press the linking button.
Rc_6.png

Let me try this a different way. I have a P3 4k AC that won't link to the remote. Is there a way to do this without tha App? When i try to link it never links. But when I turn the AC off and back on the light is green indicating that it is linked and I have camera view but nothing else. The remote light is still red indicating it is not linked. The AC is updated to the latest firmware but I don't know how to update the remote and it doesn't indicate we need an update. Do I have a bad remote?
It's three steps, after turning on the drone and RC. #1 Press the link button on the AC, it blinks red. #2 On the RC turn the gimbal wheel to the far left, and hold. #3 Toggle the S2 switch back and forth at least three times. If done right, you will hear beeping from the RC and when complete the light in the AC will be green.

I can't find an s2 switch on my P3 4K remote. I have one on my Standard.
My bad, even though the 4K is much like the Standard, I forgot the RC looks different. Just go to the DJI site and download the manual.

c2 is there. I have read the manual several times. This is why I hate the P3 4K, nobody knows a thing about it. It is not a Standard, it is not an Advanced and it really is not a Pro. It is just junk. I am going to rename it P3 J

c2 is there. I have read the manual several times. This is why I hate the P3 4K, nobody knows a thing about it. It is not a Standard, it is not an Advanced and it really is not a Pro. It is just junk. I am going to rename it P3 J
Don't give up.....it will work......eventually
I had problems with my ......but it was me not reading properly and following the steps.....

I am 1 month into this. I have tried to link them over 100 times. I was looking for a different way to link just to see if that would work. The manual doesn't give a different way to link. I have read the manual 5 times.

I'm finding it hard to help... Ted... If you want some help.. Let us know. Otherwise if you think you've done everything then I'm sorry.

If you've done the things I asked, you could try a new antenna

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you update firmware?

I can't update the remote and no one knows how to do it. I tried to roll it back but it says there is nothing to roll back to. There is no usb port and it gets updated from the app which never calls for an update. I have tried putting the update on an SD card ( someone sent it to me) and installing through the bird. It updated the AC but not the remote as they will not link

I'm finding it hard to help... Ted... If you want some help.. Let us know. Otherwise if you think you've done everything then I'm sorry.

If you've done the things I asked, you could try a new antenna

Are the antenna the same on the P3 4k as the Pro or Advanced? If that is the case I might try that. I get a camera view but I can't move the camera or take photos. Probably because the remote won't link properly.

I can't update the remote and no one knows how to do it. I tried to roll it back but it says there is nothing to roll back to. There is no usb port and it gets updated from the app which never calls for an update. I have tried putting the update on an SD card ( someone sent it to me) and installing through the bird. It updated the AC but not the remote as they will not link
I'm pretty sure the remote gets updated through the devices app and never through the SD card itself on any of the Phantom 3 models. My own personal experiences is with the Standard and of course that's how they work. But I thought RC on all Phantoms FW was only updated via the app, I could be mistaken.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.