link button FC 40

Reaction score
Where is the link button on FC 40 please, and how do I use it to link the copter and the transmitter?

Link between the Transmitter and Receiver

There is a 5.8G receiver in the PHANTOM FC40, with the link button and indicator located in the battery compartment.The link between the transmitter and aircraft is already established for you so you can initially skip this procedure. If you ever replace the transmitter, re-establishing the link is required.

Link Procedures

1. Power off transmitter and power on aircraft. You will see the link indicator blinking red.

2. Press link button and hold until the link indicator blinks yellow. Release the link button.

3. Power on transmitter and link indicator should switch off. This indicates that the link has been successfully established.

Hello, thanks for your reply. I now have a continuous single flashing green every second on the 'copter. If I move any control stick the green flashes twice every second but no power through the motors. Any ideas, please

Last edited:
NSflight- not sure the procedure you have outlined is correct. The general rule is the craft should never be powered up without the Tx already switched on.
I also think that the receiver needs to 'see' the TX before any buttons are pushed.
No offence meant;)
arfawkes- you will get a double flash whenever there is stick input.

Hello, thanks for your reply. I now have a continuous single flashing green every second on the 'copter. If I move any control stick the green flashes twice every second but no power through the motors. Any ideas, please

Pull down and in on both sticks at the same time to start.

NSflight- not sure the procedure you have outlined is correct. The general rule is the craft should never be powered up without the Tx already switched on.
I also think that the receiver needs to 'see' the TX before any buttons are pushed.
No offence meant;)
arfawkes- you will get a double flash whenever there is stick input.

That is right from the DJI Phantom FC 40 instructions

I stand corrected.
Strange that, in every situation I've come across it is written in stone that the Tx must be powered up before the craft.

Sorry but it will not load the attachment?
But basically it says never have the Quad powered without the Tx being switched on.

That said, I agree that the FC40 manual says the opposite.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic