Lines on video

Reaction score
Took my replacement P3S for its first proper flight today. Overall pretty happy with it, range in CE mode was similar to the old P2V in FCC mode, which is about as good as I could've hoped for after reading about all the range problems. I did get 'RC signal weak' while the bird was still sat next to me on the ground though, which was weird.

Anyway, I digress. Took some video and overall was pleased with it, but noticed some weird lines appearing a couple of times. I don't think it's a fault as such, as it seemed to happen when the props were in the shot, and in bright light, so I think it's just a combination of those two things? So I'm not overly concerned but just wanted to check if it's a known thing?

Also, I noticed that one of the front props idles noticeably more slowly than the other 3, so it lurches back slightly on takeoff. I had this on my old P2V, but only after it toppled over during a landing in strong winds.

I bought this P3S new from dronesdirect.co.uk, but does it look like they've sold me one that has already been used and returned by someone else?

thanks

That's what's known as "prop shadows". You should be able to eliminate that by slowing down the shutter speed with the help of an ND filter.

Reactions: GodFear17
Thanks.

Any thoughts on the slow idling motor guys? Seems strange to me that it should be like this out of the box?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think that's odd too, but mine did the same thing on the first flight. I took off at full throttle and didn't notice anything unusual as I was hovering and checking everything out. I haven't flown my P3S for a while. I'll have to fire it up again (when it stops raining) and see if it happens again.

This prop shadow thing is new to this rookie,
Is there any info / tutorials anyone knows of that I can read??

Tutorials about?

There are only a few fixes:
  • Slow down the shutter speed via ND filters
  • Use a lens hood
  • Don't fly into the sun

There are only a few fixes:
  • Slow down the shutter speed via ND filters
  • Use a lens hood
  • Don't fly into the sun

Just ordered a "Neewer" hood,
Please explain "Slow down the shutter speed via ND filters"
Thanks.

I've just unboxed, noticed smudge marks, do they test these before they send them out or have I been sent a used one ? or is dji quality control not up to par ?

I'm just getting it all charged up now, but we might be getting snow in London tonite
b986ad8f783d6177a26379045f8124de.jpg

Was your box sealed? If so, then it was not used.

yeah, the box was sealed with the 2 clear stickers, I've just done my first indoor flight all seems to be working fine,

have been asked to update firmware, would you recommend update ? as a few people seem to be having issues after the update, like not getting enough flight range

yeah, the box was sealed with the 2 clear stickers
You're all set then. Whoever packed it probably forgot to wash their hands :)

have been asked to update firmware, would you recommend update?
I prefer to use the latest firmware, so I always update my new Phantoms. Whatever you choose to do, just don't use 1.5.

You're all set then. Whoever packed it probably forgot to wash their hands :)

I prefer to use the latest firmware, so I always update my new Phantoms. Whatever you choose to do, just don't use 1.5.

That was what I updated mine to, as it's all the Go app offered me. Is it not recommended to use this version, even though it's supposed to resolve the cold battery issues?

Is it not recommended to use this version, even though it's supposed to resolve the cold battery issues?
Version 1.6 was released to fix the battery issues.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl