Lines in Video/Photo when shot against the sun

Reaction score
Hi, I took some 'training' footage yesterday and got the attached
DJI_0002 - Copy.JPG
result when the camera pointed towards the evening Sun. I would appreciate some help/advice on what could be the issue here.

I am guessing but I believe that the camera is sensing way too bright of light and trying to adjust for it.

Sorry about last post!. The overexposure warning if OFF in the DJI Go App. The lines are clearly there in the jpg image and in the .MOV file.

Without proper filter you may experience these annoying anomalies.
Try not to direct your camera right at the bright Sun star...

I prefer not to record video, or take pics between 10:00am and 2:00pm. When the Sun is at its peak, the bright light is poor for quality photography.

RedHotPoker

Those look like the overexposure settings. They are called "zebras" for obvious reasons. It is an indicator or a place on your video that is completely overexposed. You can turn the setting off.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

Sorry about last post!. The overexposure warning if OFF in the DJI Go App. The lines are clearly there in the jpg image and in the .MOV file.
Ok missed this...I still think it's overexposed sections of your video.

Phantom 3 Pro / iPad Air 2

That looks like the over exposed setting is turned on. You turn that off in the camera setting.

Overexposure uses thicker diagonal zebra lines. Does this appear on the video file from your SD card?

This looks like an issue with camera. Is you camera a Pro? It maybe overheating. Contact DJI if I were you.

The issue appears on the video file and the jpeg. This Phantom is brand new and its the first panning shot I have done. I cannot really avoid such shots. I will contact DJI and ask the question too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.