Limits PV2+ without MODs

Reaction score
Hi,
I think is not clear the real limits of the PV2+
I started this thread for the users to set public the real limits in best conditions far from urbans area and sources of electromagnetic interferences.

My Limits.

Batts: 17 to 19 minutes. (Dji publish 25 , I think not true)
Distance Tx : 3300 Ft.
Distance FPV: 1000 Ft.
Height ??
MPH ?

Others.... opinions?

Thanks for participate..

the 25 mins is the alleged flight time without a camera and gimbal fitted ( less weight ). i think they didn't bother updating flight times with one fitted cos it looks bad. it does also depend on how you fly. if you put it upto 20 feet and leave it in the hover with no inputs on a still day it would last longer than actually flying it about. try it?? you may even get to 25 mins??? ( i doubt it though )

Max distense :1616 mtr (5300ft)
Max speed : ?
Max alt : 320 mtr (1050ft)
Max time : 16/17 min.

Stock V+
Stock RC
Stock FPV

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 612
the 25 mins is the alleged flight time without a camera and gimbal fitted

I do not know where you found your information

On my packaging for the P2VP it stated "25 minutes flight time"

On their site it says for the P2VP "Max Flight time 25 minutes"

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/feature

I have yet to hear of anyone who has attained 25 minutes flight time

Their advertising is blatantly misleading. unless someone can prove otherwise.

Maybe DJI can advise us, they read these forums..

DownunderPhantom said:
Maybe DJI can advise us, they read these forums..

Do they ?!?
Why don't they give us ch 7 back? :eek:

DownunderPhantom said:

I have achieved 23 minutes and that was on a LONG high-altitude flight. If I had held it in the air until the battery was totally expended I may have gotten 25. My laptop claims "9 hours" battery life, but it has NEVER gotten anywhere near that. The 25 minutes is a max.

My Experience ...
Battery Life: 15 min typical. (for Vision+ with 1260g takeoff weight)
.........Best I've ever done is 18 minutes but 15 minutes is typical.
Control Range: ~800 Meters (~2600 feet) unmodified
....TX and WiFi range seem about the same for me.
....I've been as far as ~800 meters on flat open ground. 60ft high over a beach. The WiFi video feed was already choppy and intermittent when I lost TX control and RTH was triggered.

Speed: GPS Mode: ~11M/sec (~25MPH) Atti Mode: ~16M/sec (~35Mph)

Altitude Limit (Artificial) : Set at 500 meters in software (~1600ft) by default but adjustable
Distance Limit (Artificial): Set at 1500 meters in software (~4900 feet) by default but adjustable

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the unmodified takeoff weight of a standard Phantom 2 with no gimbal?
I'm sure 25 minutes is possible with the reduced weight.
The P2V+ has, not only the gimbal and camera, but the additional WiFi module and WiFi antennas inside and the additional current required to power those.
DJI really should update the advertized battery life for the Vision+

[quote="Dirty Bird" My laptop claims "9 hours" battery life, but it has NEVER gotten anywhere near that. The 25 minutes is a max.[/quote]

I love you man!!!!

Doing "Controlled" tests always gives you the best results... that is why they are controlled.

What did people expect them to say... "Here is our worst times"

Maybe they should also show videos of all the nutsacs crashing too... and say something like "If you buy our product, you can expect to spend a lot of money on replacements parts, because your going to crash a lot!"

Good reply up to Now!! Thanks! keep giong... Somone can say limits of winds that can PV2+ tolerate without giong upside down ?

Dirty Bird said:
I have achieved 23 minutes and that was on a LONG high-altitude flight. If I had held it in the air until the battery was totally expended I may have gotten 25. My laptop claims "9 hours" battery life, but it has NEVER gotten anywhere near that. The 25 minutes is a max.
What?! Realistic expectations?! Well, hell, that's no fun!

On their website it says max 25 minute flight time but when you go into a store to buy something do you go onto the internet whilst you at the store and check what they say about any particular product...

On the packaging is says... "Intelligent Flight Battery and 25 minutes Flight Time"

Where in that statement does it say, up to or max flight time, it does not, it is implying that out of the box it can stay in the air for 25 minutes.

The maximum time I have been able to stay in the air running the battery down to the second battery alert, 12%, was 19 minutes. That is 24% less than the stated time on the packaging. If it was up around the 21-23 minute mark I would not have a problem.

What if the RTH had the same percentages, on the return it came 76% of the way home and then landed, would that be a problem. Hmmm thought, is that why there were so many fly aways????

Don't get me wrong I love my bird and what it can do and I am also happy with the flight times, my problem is with the advertising on the packaging which is misleading, if it had "up to or max" in the statement on the packaging it would be far more appropriate.

Dirty Bird said:
DownunderPhantom said:

lol@Dirty Bird.... One of the reasons I bought my laptop was the impressive battery life. It claimed up to 6hrs 'normal' use on a full charge... Around 97mins MAX is the best I achieved on a fully charged battery, not even remotely near 6hrs. Watching a DVD/Bluray, don't even get to see how the movie ends...lol
Anyway, the point I was getting at was how do companies get away with false claims? They should have to show exactly under what conditions they achieved their so-called results

In the same way as they test the fuel consumption of cars :lol: :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20