Limiting the Motor Output

Reaction score
So lately while I have been flying, a message stating "The propulsion output has been limited to conserve battery life" Has anyone else seen this. It should be noted that since reading an article about charging / discharging batteries and general usage prolonging I now try to fly every battery to under 5%. Once I get to 10%, I make sure I am very low and moving slowly or just hovering in case there is some kind of issue, but I must say that I have been able to fly a slight bit longer since doing so, judging by about 7 battery cycles. I usually bring it down to 1 or 2 percent.

That message was added in firmware 1.6. The goal is to prevent your battery from shutting off mid-flight.

You should be landing by the time the first battery cell reaches 3.4V. I'm not sure what you read, but it sounds like you got some bad advice.

Reactions: Grae and tcope
That message was added in firmware 1.6. The goal is to prevent your battery from shutting off mid-flight.

You should be landing by the time the first battery cell reaches 3.4V. I'm not sure what you read, but it sounds like you got some bad advice.

@msinger Thanks for the response, I must confess that I only have been paying attention to the % of battery and not the voltage. I will start to monitor though, once again, thanks for all you do for the P3 community, really cool ofyou.

The % is based on an algorithm/calculation. Batt/cell voltage monitoring is the only way to fly! (pun intended)

Reactions: Grae and tcope
The % is based on an algorithm/calculation. Batt/cell voltage monitoring is the only way to fly! (pun intended)

If I remember correctly, there is an option to display voltage on main screen, which I will be seeking and enabling this evening. Thank you for this powerful comment (pun intended also)!

there is an option to display voltage on main screen
enableshowvoltagesetting-png.20220

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues