Limited Range with AVL58 + Flysight 7"

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they've had issues with having very low range (<100m) with this setup.
I am on Band E, Channel 8, using diversity mode. What are things I should try to fix the issue? Or is it likely to be faulty product and I should return? any thoughts appreciated.

I have the AVL58 and Black Pearl and have gone >100m with no problems.

I have no technical valid proof or what went wrong with my trial and errors, but I used a 90-degree connector on my transmitter (allows my antenna to point down instead of out) and that caused a ton of interference for me. I think I couldn't get past 100m with that old setup. Right now it's just AVL58 antenna connected to transmitter bent at an about 45-degree angle and is working fine.

As for the receiving end, I used to receiver antenna that came with the AVL58 and an FPV patch antenna.

I would also check to see if all connections are fully secured and would also attempt to use different channels (and make sure it's on the correct one for both ends) to see if that helps.

I might also want to see if there are any Wi-Fi spots in the area (and GoPro) as I believe they may also be the cause of interference.

Thanks for the reply!

"As for the receiving end, I used to receiver antenna that came with the AVL58 and an FPV patch antenna."

the Flysight RC801 comes with two antennae and allows diversity mode. I would have thought you wouldn't use the RX antenna for the avl58?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik