Like watching paint dry

Reaction score
Hi Guys, sat watching a little blue line slowly creeping across the screen. It's telling me 1hr to transfer a 3gig video file from my micro SD card into my Hard drive using a USB adapter. Is this normal or is my adapter slow.

Could be the Adapter, the usb port, the specs on your computer, or your internet wireless speed.

The best you can do is a USB 3.0 memory card reader in a USB 3.0 port. Your port will be blue on the inside if it's USB 3.0. It would also help if you have an SSD hard drive :)

The Transcend USB 3.0 memory card reader works well and is inexpensive.

Last edited:
What are your SD card specs? What are the specs of he HD you're writing to? USB 2.0 maxes out at 60MB/s but real world is around 35MB/s. 3000/35 = 86 seconds. So the hour is way off. But depending on what your machine is doing at the same time, historically shitty time estimates for the "blue bar", etc I'm guessing it was faster than an hour in the end?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

My USB port is 3.0, comp is an i7 processor, drive is sata. I did buy a really cheap adapter so if you guys think it should be transferring quicker it must be that. Would transferring direct from the bird be better. But will definitely get a better adapter anyway. Thanks for the replies and the link [emoji106]

Sorry forgot to say SD card is sandisk 64gig, yes it was slightly quicker but still waaaay too long.

I threw my 64gb card into ad adapter and transferred abt 10gb of pics and vid in about 120 seconds. I'd guess its your USB port or not great sd card. W i7 you should be able to transfer much faster.

Doh ! Just spotted the cheapie adapter I bought is USB 2. Thank you everybody for your replies, best forum for Phantoms [emoji106][emoji3]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers