LIGHTS ON OFF MOD

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone else has looked into doing things, like turning lights on and off mid-flight. I would like to do this when I film video in the dark, so that the ambient red light is not seen in the video. I have a modified Phantom2 with a Futaba 14 channel radio, and receiver that I installed in my Phantom 2.
I am wondering if it is as easy as purchasing one of these switches, wiring it into the Phantom, and then assigning it to a channel on the Futaba receiver? Please excuse me if I am over-simplifying. I am relatively new to this hobby, so bear with me.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... itch_.html

You've got the gist of it how to do it (moreso than many people that have asked this question!).

Chances are you won't be able to do much with the LEDs on the arms, since those are integrated into the ESCs and aren't user-controllable. But if you do anything drastic like black them out and replace them with your own addressable LEDs, you can control the lights a number of ways.
t54SuyD.jpg

There are a few people who have installed large LED matrixes to serve as headlights/orientation lights, and turn that on/off with a switch on an extra channel on the rx.

The LEDS on the ESCs are controlled using PWM.... I believe so you can't just put a switch inline to turn them on and off.

You're only option really is to do what ElGuano suggested and slave some other LEDS / LED Arrays into your spare channel on the Rx

goldfishrock said:
The LEDS on the ESCs are controlled using PWM.... I believe so you can't just put a switch inline to turn them on and off.

You're only option really is to do what ElGuano suggested and slave some other LEDS / LED Arrays into your spare channel on the Rx
I think surgery is in order! I have ordered the parts, and am awaiting their arrival.

rEvoPilot said:
I would like to do this when I film video in the dark, so that the ambient red light is not seen in the video

A simple DIY lens hood will prevent the light from the LEDs from hitting the lens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4