Lightning turned on my P3P Batteries ️

Reaction score
Holy crap! It's been raining here today so I decided to charge up my controller and batteries. I had the controller on the charger and two P3P batteries sitting by the controller on a wood table.
While I was in the next room by a window, sitting there talking to my macaw parrot a bolt of lightning hit my window, sparks flying and my parrot screaming her head off, flying all over and lights out[emoji53]
I take the parrot and put her back in her cage and start looking around the house. **** it's blew out TVs, DVD player, PS2, garage door opener, light rheostats, light bulbs and whatever else I haven't found yet.
So down to what this post is about LOL Is that it turned on both of my P3P batteries sitting there on the table, just flashing away, luckily I believe the batteries and controller seem to be okay. Strange and thought I would share this. Sorry I posted it in this section but this is the main one I always view.

Many years ago I had a nearby ground spike from lightning take out one electric baseboard heater and, get this, it spot welded one of my garage door locking bars to the track. We were lucky that NO FIRE resulted. Looks like you were lucky there too.
A few years ago I installed lightning rods!!!
Ben Frankllin was very lucky also... (!)

Reactions: Jbundy63
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440288734.586450.jpg

Ha just found where it hit, right at the peak of the roof.
Found more stuff out. **** I guess I'll have to call my insurance [emoji16]

Reactions: III% Streve
Many years ago I had a nearby ground spike from lightning take out one electric baseboard heater and, get this, it spot welded one of my garage door locking bars to the track. We were lucky that NO FIRE resulted. Looks like you were lucky there too.
A few years ago I installed lightning rods!!!
Ben Frankllin was very lucky also... (!)
That's crazy! The same here, I had my son over watching TV in another room and he said sparks flew out out the TV and PS2. You could smell burnt electronics. Like you, so glad it didn't start a fire!

Sorry to hear about your loses.
Here in Florida, our power company, FPL, offers a whole house surge protection for $10 per month.
Although literally every piece of electronics is UPS'ed in our home, fridge, stove, microwave and water heater are not.
Been thinking of taking that offer from FPL.

Sorry to hear about your loses.
Here in Florida, our power company, FPL, offers a whole house surge protection for $10 per month.
Although literally every piece of electronics is UPS'ed in our home, fridge, stove, microwave and water heater are not.
Been thinking of taking that offer from FPL.
Thanks Joey. I haven't heard of that here but may not be a bad thing to have. Of course home owners insurance is what's that's for but their liable to drop you at anytime after a clam. Ugh!

Interesting situation with the batteries, I'd assume there was strong enough fields in effect around the batteries to do that given the other things you experienced.

Sorry to hear about the rest of it but glad it's all stuff you can replace, that's a plus [emoji106]

Interesting situation with the batteries, I'd assume there was strong enough fields in effect around the batteries to do that given the other things you experienced.

Sorry to hear about the rest of it but glad it's all stuff you can replace, that's a plus [emoji106]

Thanks S5S5G6, I know it could have been so much worse. I was only about 15 feet from where it hit and standing right by a window that is below the peak of the roof. [emoji16][emoji15]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31