Lighting for Phantom 4 Pro's for night flying

Check out the Strobon Cree available on the Phantom help.com pages....I think they are THE best... Day & Night.. These are to comply with FAA night flying regulations & general orientation..

Strobeon Cree;s are wonderful, bright, powerful, and affordable. Also look into the LED propellors. Very cool indeed! However, these do not comply with the FAA regs. There are some you can easily program to "write" your message in the black sky.

STROBON Cree lights are one of the commonly used options. They are small and super bright.

1547385395931.png

1547385434525.png

If you want a light with more LEDs, then the Firehouse ARC lights are the best option available. They are a little over double the size of STROBON Cree lights.

1547385544596.png

Just on the topic of night flying and lights......

Here, in Canada, the new Transport Canada regulations for drone operation now allow for night flying as long as your Phantom has lights.
Upon checking with Transport Canada, I was told that ' proper navigation lights ' would meet the current regulations.
The red and green lights on your Phantom meet this requirement because the rear(green) lights are flashing when in flight.

Night time flight operations is the one area where Transport Canada revised the old regulations which had banned any flying after sunset.

Now, as long as your Phantom(2,3,and 4 series) have properly functioning navigation lights, you are cleared to operate at night.

The new regulations take effect June 1st, this year.

Concerning night time flights, I would think the old regulations would be overridden by the new rules and between now and June 1st, you are OK to fly at night as long as your navigation lights are properly working.

Hi, I don't believe we are bound by the old rules concerning night time flight operations.
As long as your Phantom has properly working navigation/position lights, you are fine to operate your aircraft at night.

When I received my Basic Operator's Certificate from Transport Canada, the Operating Rules are listed at the bottom left hand side of the document.
Here's what it says about night flying:
"Night operations permitted with proper lighting (CAR 901.39)"

As long as your nav/position lights are functioning, you are cleared for night time flying.

There is nothing on the Pilot Certificate saying the Operating Rules spelled out only come into effect on June 1st, 2019.

Based on this, I believe that if you hold a Pilot Certificate(Basic/Advanced), and your Phantom's navigation/position lights are functioning properly, then you are good to operate your aircraft at night.

Hope this helps..........

Late to the party I know but another vote for the Strobon Cree lights, amazing for their size and U can see them for miles!!

The plastic box where the light fits in does it come with the strobon?
I had the problem of placing them on the Phantoms body as it is curved all around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.