Lightbridge v1 vs. v2, new phantoms get v2?

Reaction score
Hello, so i have been reading up, and i can not tell for sure, but it appears the newer produced phantom 3 advanced/professionals (September on) have the light bridge v2 installed on board, another reason i am wondering is DJI recently changed the specs on the P3A/P to 5 KM, and this is the range of LB2... does anyone know for sure about this? I also know, LB2 was announced by DJI 9-11.

Hello, so i have been reading up, and i can not tell for sure, but it appears the newer produced phantom 3 advanced/professionals (September on) have the light bridge v2 installed on board, another reason i am wondering is DJI recently changed the specs on the P3A/P to 5 KM, and this is the range of LB2... does anyone know for sure about this? I also know, LB2 was announced by DJI 9-11.
No ...the P3 is still on Lightbridge 1.
Lightbridge 2 has 1080P Video Transmission
DJI just changed the specs to better reflect the range that P3s are achieving but didn't change the Phantom.

No ...the P3 is still on Lightbridge 1.
Lightbridge 2 has 1080P Video Transmission
DJI just changed the specs to better reflect the range that P3s are achieving but didn't change the Phantom.
It is not even lightbridge 1.I have the lightbridge 1 and i can assure you the picture quality is much much better than my P3P.The picture quality of the lightbridge 1 is the same like the lightbridge 2,it supports broadcast video quality transmission 1080p at 60 frames per second identical to lightbridge 2.

Last edited:
You're right ... I'm not sure what the P3 Lightbridge is called.
1 came before it and 2 came afterward.
Maybe Lightbridge 1.5?
I think i would call it "baby lightbridge".;)

It is not even lightbridge 1.I have the lightbridge 1 and i can assure you the picture quality is much much better than my P3P.The picture quality of the lightbridge 1 is the same like the lightbridge 2,it supports broadcast video quality transmission 1080p at 60 frames per second identical to lightbridge 2.

Odd, because DJI has always maintained that the P3A and P3P use Lightbridge. Video does not need to be at 1080 for the P3 to use LB for communication. It could easily use LB without 1080... as we know that the P3A and P3P do. So they could also very well now use LB2... just (again) without the 1080 video link.

Question, since you mentioned you have lB 1, how is the range? I was curious about this, whether some of the range extender antennas, would add more distance to the range of the LB 1. Thanks.

The the real (>$1000) lightbridge is a 1080 system unlike the "Lite" version in the P3 which is 720. I think it was a brilliant move making a cheaper dumbed down version that is still super capable. Moving away from the wifi based FPV of the previous Phantoms is one of the things that makes the P3 line so excellent.

Reactions: Mr.Spock and bbfpv
It is definitely not based on LB2 considering LB2 came out more than half a year later! It is based on LB1 but without many of its features. It's limited to 720p and doesn't support any 2nd operator input. It also doesn't have 16 available channels for use like LB1.

I have LB1 on my 900mm X8. I use it as a 1080p live stream downlink in dual and single operator setups with additional control channels for gimbal yaw, gimball roll, gear up/down, strobes on/off, zoom in/out, shutter control, etc.

Question, since you mentioned you have lB 1, how is the range? I was curious about this, whether some of the range extender antennas, would add more distance to the range of the LB 1. Thanks.
I fly with helical antennas 5KM distance!! with full signal bars.There is one guy on you tube which fly with helical antennas and 2.4 ghz boosters 15KM!!

Odd, because DJI has always maintained that the P3A and P3P use Lightbridge. Video does not need to be at 1080 for the P3 to use LB for communication. It could easily use LB without 1080... as we know that the P3A and P3P do. So they could also very well now use LB2... just (again) without the 1080 video link.
It is not ony the 1080p the difference.To the original lightbridge device the video quality is very smooth because is 60 frames per second without loosing frames like the P3.

Reactions: Mr.Spock

This video it's not mine,I find it on you tube.I think it's a dji f 450.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4